• Current alerts (2) Click to view
    Current alerts 30 May 2023
    • Stirling Libraries - Karrinyup will be closed Monday 29 May reopening Monday 12 June 2023 for building maintenance works

      Until further notice
    • The City’s online property services will be unavailable from 5:00pm – 6:30pm on Tuesday 30 May due to scheduled maintenance.

      5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
    Load More

State Government rebates and concessions

Rates concessions are available to individuals who have an eligible pension or seniors card or who own a heritage property.

Pensioner and senior State Government rebates

State Government rebates are processed through the Water Corporation and in order to be eligible, you must meet the following criteria:

  • You must be an owner and occupier of a rateable property at 1 July or earlier
  • If you’re a pensioner, you must hold a current Pensioner Concession Card or State Concession Card
  • Hold both a WA Senior’s Card (issued by the Department of Communities’ WA Senior’s Card Centre) and a Commonwealth Senior’s Health Card
  • If you only hold a WA Senior’s Card (issued by the Department of Communities’ WA Senior’s Card Centre), you are entitled to a small rebate.

Please note, unemployment benefits and health care cards do not qualify for a concession.

Concessions apply to the rates and Emergency Services Levy only - all other charges such as waste, security and pool charges are exempt from a concession.

Applying for a pensioner or seniors concession

To apply for a concession, please visit the Water Corporation website or call 1300 659 951.

Top tip

If your circumstances change, particularly with respect to your ownership or occupation of a property, or your eligibility as a pensioner or senior, please notify the City as soon as possible.

Rates concessions - heritage

Owners of rateable residential and commercial properties included on the City’s heritage list can apply for a discount on their general rates charge, to assist with the care and maintenance of their property. 

Residential properties are eligible for a 50% concession on their general rates charge while commercial properties are eligible for a $2,000 capped concession per property.

Concession eligibility

The following conditions apply:

  • The property must be rated residential or commercial and the applicant must be a registered ratepayer
  • The property must be within the City of Stirling boundary and appear on the City of Stirling heritage list
  • Applicants must provide evidence of full value building insurance for each year an application is submitted
  • Applicants must provide a current pest control certificate for each year an application is submitted
  • To receive the rate concession, eligible applications must be received no later than 60 days from the issue date of the current annual rate notice
  • Applications received after this date will be ineligible for a heritage rate concession for the current financial year
  • The heritage concession is subject to annual budget approval.

Concession ineligibility

The heritage rate concession will not be provided if:

  • The owner is bound by the heritage agreement which commits them to ongoing care and maintenance of the heritage building, and this is not adhered to
  • Incorrect documentation is supplied
  • There is an outstanding rate debt to the City on the property
  • The City of Stirling decides to cancel the heritage rate concession.

Please note, heritage rates concessions will be cancelled under the following circumstances:

  • A debt to the Council on the property is overdue
  • The agreement is nullified by the ratepayer through voluntary withdrawal
  • The City determines that the property is not being suitably maintained
  • The City determines that the property is not covered by full value building insurance
  • The City can at any time cancel the heritage rate concession
  • The property is no longer on the State Register of Heritage Places.
Apply for a heritage rates concession
Click here