- The laws and rules of the governing sports body (football west / netball wa and basketball wa) are implied if rules are not covered by these by-laws
- Day to day interpretation of these by-laws shall be the responsibility of game officials. Clarification can be sought from the sports coordinator on the night (if in attendance) or the following day
- All players are responsible for their own insurance for personal injury or property damage.
All injuries must be reported to the facility attendant on the night.
- A team must have a minimum of 5 players for netball or 4 for soccer / basketball entered on the scoresheet who are ready to take the court at the commencement of the game
- If a team has less than enough players then:
Basketball - for every minute (or part thereof), the opposing team will be awarded 2 points
Netball - for every minute (or part thereof), the opposing team will be awarded 1 goal
Soccer - for every 3 minutes (or part thereof), the opposing team will be awarded 1 goal
- Games will be declared a forfeit if a team has not arrived by the timer has 15 miniutes left in the first half
- Finals scores will be:
Basketball and netball - 20 to nil
Soccer - 5 to nil.
- Please note - the clock must be counting down from the official start time.
No player will be allowed to participate in sport competitions within a City of Stirling Leisure Centre if they are deemed to be under the influence of drugs/alcohol.
Prior to the game:
- Inspect the condition of the playing area, ball and equipment
- Collect payment receipts / tickets before the game
- Ensure all players are wearing correct uniform
- Check players nails and jewellery
- Ensure scoresheets are filled out in full
- Apply and inform both teams about late points/goals and uniform penalties.
It is the team captain’s responsibility to complete the scoresheet on behalf of their team. The referee / umpire will start the game on time, regardless if the sheet is complete. Late points / goals will apply if the scoresheet is not completed by the team captain.
During the game:
- sanction misconduct and delay
- monitor all faults and play
- ensure rules of game are adhered to
- educate players on rules
- monitor playing area to ensure safe environment.
After the game:
- complete scoresheets
- choose an mvp for the game.
The sports officials decision is final. Any discussion about their decision must come at the request of the team captain. Officials may give an explanation of their interpretation of the rule(s) they have based their decision on. This explanation can only occur at half or full time.
- Suspensions are at the discretion of management
- Penalties can range from 1 week to a life-time ban, dependant on the severity of the incident
- Please be aware that the “team” is held accountable for the behaviour of players, team officials and supporters.
Please see below for our tribunal/suspension guidelines:
|Offence||Penalty minumum||Penalty maximum|
|Failure to attend tribunal when summoned||1||3|
|Disputing a referees decision||1||3|
|Tripping (attempted tripping)||2||6|
|Abusive, obscene or insulting language / gesturing||2||6|
|Striking or attempted striking (includes punching, elbowing or kicking)||4||2 years|
|Abusive, obscene or insulting language / gesturing towards staff (officials, front desk staff or management)||4||26|
|Involvement in a melee||6||20|
|Vilification/discrimination (race, sex, religion, disability related)||6||1 year|
|Threats of violence causing fear||16||2 years|
|Striking or attempting to strike any official, City of Stirling staff member or any member of the public within the herb graham recreation centre||5||Life ban|
|Playing while under suspension||Triple original penalty||Triple original penalty|
- At the discretion of the sports coodinator players/teams may also be suspended if they:
A. Receive 2 yellow cards (soccer), 2 technical fouls (basketball) or three goal removals from court (netball) in the same match
B. Receive a yellow card (soccer), technical foul (basketball) or three goal removal from court (netball) more than three times in a single season
C. Show inappropriate behaviour off the court towards City of Stirling employees, officials or other patrons of the centre.
- The penalty for a player technical foul (basketball) is 1 shot to the opposition possession of the ball to the opposition
- A player awarded a yellow card (soccer) will spend 3 minutes off the field. This player may not be replaced for this time. The player may not return to the field until the sports official signals them to do so
- A player awarded a red card (soccer) will spend the rest of the match off the field. This player may not be replaced for 5 minutes. The player will automatically receive a 1 week suspension.
For any further information regarding these bylaws, please contact the program development officer on (08) 9205 7320.