Starts with water familiarisation and basic swimming and safety skills. These classes are a great time for you and your baby to bond, while learning how to become comfortable in the water together. We develop the infant’s basic floating and recovery and swimming skills.
Four age-groups available:
- Turtles (6 to 12 months)
- Penguins (12 to 24 months)
- Platypus (24 months to 3 years)
- Sharks (30 months to 3 years).
Please note, infant aquatics is not available at Scarborough Beach Pool.
3 to 6 years.
This is the foundation phase, as young swimmers develop water awareness, confidence and independence in a class without a parent. They will progress through basic floating and recovery in the Minnows group to being able to swim 10 metres of freestyle in Orca. They will also learn a variety of basic rescues and water safety sequences.
7 to 15 years
RLSS Swim and Survive levels 1 – 15 (beginners to bronze rescue levels). All our school-age lessons follow the Royal Lifesaving Society’s swimming program. Swimmers will progress through the levels from beginners, to becoming competent and safe swimmers. Once they have mastered their swimming strokes they will work on more complex rescue skills and initiatives that can lead to them becoming safer around water.
16 years and older.
Stirling leisure centres offer four levels of adult swimming:
- Adult 1 - For beginners who have never swum before or who are afraid of the water
- Adult 2 - Builds on the skills learned in Adult 1 and extends the swimmer in distance, technique and fitness. By the end of Adult 2 most swimmers are starting to feel comfortable and competent in and around the water
- Adult 3 - Develops competent stroke techniques. This class is for adults who have swimming experience and would like to improve their technique
- Adult 4 - For adult swimmers who are competent and proficient in all strokes. This level concentrates on stroke correction and improving stamina. All adult classes incorporate safety, survival and rescue skills at various stages throughout the term.
At Stirling leisure centres we believe that everyone should have access to swimming lessons regardless of their ability.
Contact our learn-to-swim team on email@example.com to fill in a questionnaire. From there we will work with the parents and swimmers to arrange the right teacher, time and day for swimming lessons. Private lessons are by appointment.