Parent baby classes to introduce your little one to the joy of swimming. Morning classes for babies from 6 months to 3 years old.
Four age-groups available:
- Turtles (6 to 12 months)
- Penguins (12 to 24 months)
- Platypus (24 months to 3 years).
Please note, infant aquatics is not available at Scarborough Beach Pool.
Preschool programs run from 3 to 6 years.
This is the foundation phase, as young swimmers develop water awareness, confidence and independence in a class without a parent. They will progress through basic floating and recovery in the Minnows group to being able to swim 10 metres of freestyle in Orca. They will also learn a variety of basic rescues and water safety sequences.
School age programs run from 7 to 15 years.
RLSS Swim and Survive levels 1 - 15 (beginners to bronze rescue levels). All our school-age lessons follow the Royal Lifesaving Society’s swimming program. Swimmers will progress through the levels from beginners, to becoming competent and safe swimmers. Once they have mastered their swimming strokes they will work on more complex rescue skills and initiatives that can lead to them becoming safer around water.
Adult programs run from 16 years and older.
Are you missing out on family fun at the beach or pool because you have never had the opportunity to learn how to swim? Our classes start from beginers and go through to squad swimmers.
- Adult 1 - Complete beginners
- Adult 2 - Can swim 10 to 15 metres of each stroke
- Adult 3 - Can swim up to 25metres of each stroke
- Adult 4 - Stroke developmentand safety techniques.
At Stirling Leisure Centres we believe that everyone should have access to swimming lessons regardless of their ability.
Contact our Learn-To-Swim Team on firstname.lastname@example.org to fill in a questionnaire. From there we will work with the parents and swimmers to arrange the right teacher, time and day for swimming lessons. Private lessons are available by appointment.
This program is currently only offered at Stirling Leisure Centres - Scarborough Beach Pool.
Learn how to safely transition between pool and beach. Children and adults can learn safety and survival skills and how to navigate risky areas at the beach. Learn the difference between pool swimming and beach swimming as well as beach surf safety and awareness.
- RLSSS Level 9 +
- For term 1 2020 the Pool to Beach program for children runs on Tuesdays 4pm to 5pm and Saturdays 8:30am to 9:30am. Adults Pool to Beach runs on Saturdays 8:30am to 9:30am. Both programs run at Stirling Leisure Centres - Scarborough Beach Pool only
- If you are interested in the adult Pool to Beach program please fill out and expression of interest at the centre.
All lessons are 60 minutes in duration.
For more information, view the Pool to Beach FAQs.
Adult Pool to Beach
Adults Pool to Beach at Stirling Leisure Centres - Scarborough Beach Pool runs on Saturdays 8:30am to 9:30am and consists of both pool and beach sessions.
- Pool sessions - stroke technique, correction and endurance
- Beach sessions - recognise rips and currents. Navigate tides, waves, rocks and troughs
All swimmers must passs a beach readiness assessment before enrolment and payment.
If you are interested in classes please complete an espression of interest at Stirling Leisure Centres - Scarborough Beach Pool.
Prerequisite: passed RLSS Level 12.
Survival skills, rescues, safety drills and community awareness, students have the ability to pass Level 13 to 15 and to refresh their skills and knowledge. Prepare to go onto achieve the Bronze Medallion and move into lifeguarding.