• Current alerts (2) Click to view
    Current alerts 7 December 2023
    • Please note there is no Justice of the Peace service at our Main Administration Centre today, Thursday 7 December. The service will return on Friday 8 December between 11.00am and 2.00pm.

      All day
    • City services at Scarborough Community Hub, including library and leisure centre will be closed to the public on Saturday 9 December and Sunday 10 December due to Western Power electrical works.

      Until further notice
    Load More

Off-road vehicles

Due to the City’s high residential population, there are no areas for using off-road vehicles (ORV) in the City of Stirling. However, there are a number of areas nearby which have been set aside in the Control of Vehicles (Off Road Areas) Act 1978 in conjunction with the Department of Environment and Conservation. 

These areas are:

  • Gnangara Pine Plantation, Gnangara Road in Lexia (City of Swan)
  • Pinjarra Pines Area: corner of Pinjar Road and Wattle Avenue, Pinjar (operated by Department of Environment and Conservation)
  • Ledge Point (Shire of Gingin)
  • Lancelin (Shire of Gingin).

Off-road vehicles are not to be used in any parks, reserves, beaches or on the road in the City of Stirling. If you see an ORV in the street, call the Police on 131 444. If you spot an ORV in a park, reserve or beach, please phone our Customer Contact Centre.

pocket motor bike

Pocket motor bikes

Pocket motor bikes (vehicles under 50cc) are classed as a vehicle under the Road Traffic Act 1974 (WA) and as such must conform to the Act. They are not allowed to be ridden on a footpath or roadway unless registered. They may be ridden on private property with the consent of the owner.

Motorised skateboards are likewise classed as a vehicle and must also conform to the Road Traffic Act. Again they are not allowed to be ridden on a footpath or be ridden on a roadway unless registered.

As it is unlikely either of these vehicle types will meet registration standards, it is recommended you report them.

If the pocket motor bike or motorised skateboard is on a footpath or roadway, please contact the Police on 131 444. If they are on public property such as a reserve, please phone our Customer Contact Centre.