In 1916, developer M. L. Connor subdivided the southern portion of Doubleview, although once again blocks were slow to sell, and developers Dudley and Dwyer acquired the unsold lots in both parts of Doubleview in 1926. While they created the name for the area in an attempt to attract interest, development did not begin to accelerate until the government began providing returned soldiers homes in the northern section of Doubleview after World War Two.
Single detached dwellings dominate Doubleview but there are some scattered unit and duplex developments. Much of the area contains post-war housing, a significant proportion of which was constructed by the government, and many of the original dwellings are of timber-frame construction, with more recent developments using brick and tile. Some parts of the southern section of Doubleview contain examples of 1960s and international-style housing.
There are seven local open spaces and one community open space in Doubleview that offer both active and passive recreation, including Bennett Park and John K. Lyon Reserve. While Doubleview Primary School serves the educational needs of younger students in the area.
Doubleview also offers spectacular views from Ewen Street and the water tower on Princess Street, which is visible from all parts of the surrounding region.
Westfield Innaloo is the nearest major retail outlet, supplemented by older retail strips along Sackville Terrace and Scarborough Beach Road.