• Current alerts (2) Click to view
    Current alerts 7 December 2023
    • Please note there is no Justice of the Peace service at our Main Administration Centre today, Thursday 7 December. The service will return on Friday 8 December between 11.00am and 2.00pm.

      All day
    • City services at Scarborough Community Hub, including library and leisure centre will be closed to the public on Saturday 9 December and Sunday 10 December due to Western Power electrical works.

      Until further notice
    Load More

Written planning advice

Find out about written planning advice, zoning of a particular property, approved land use of a specific property address, policies that are applicable to a specific development or zone, or minimum and average lot sizes for a specific lot or zone.

What is written planning advice?

The City is able to provide the following information through a request for written planning advice:

  • Zoning of a property
  • Approved land uses
  • Policies that are applicable to a particular development or zone
  • Minimum and average lot sizes for a particular lot/zone.

The City provides written planning advice via email

The City cannot guarantee that the requested information will be provided and in the instance that the requested information cannot be provided, the application fee is not refundable.

What information will not be provided through written planning advice?

Examples of information the City is unable to provide the following information through the written planning advice process include:

  • Specific advice on proposed variations for a development that has not been formally lodged with the City and if a particular variation would be supported by the City
  • If an aspect of a proposal complies with the R-Code or Policy requirements.

These matters can only be dealt with via the development application process.

How much and how long does it take?

The City charges $73.00 for a written planning advice.

The City may take up to 10 business days to review and respond to your request for advice. 

How can I lodge a written planning advice request?

To lodge a written planning advice request, please complete the written planning advice application form and send to development@stirling.wa.gov.au.