Wembley is part of the original crown land Aj Lakes Perthshire of 100 acres granted to Thomas Hunt on June 24 1842.
Lakes District was recognised in the early days of settlement as the Herdsman Lake, Lake Monger area. The greater portion of the suburb of Wembley is within the Town of Cambridge.
In April 1925 the City of Perth suggested that the area should be called 'Wembley Park' after the Greater London suburb where the Empire Exhibition of 1924 was held. The name Wembley was approved and gazetted on July 2 1924.