Footpaths and roads

The City maintains over 1,000km of roads and over 900km of footpaths within the City of Stirling. Maintenance of roads is partly funded by municipal rates, with additional funding provided through federal and state government grants.


The City currently maintains a footpath network stretching over 900km. The construction and maintenance of footpaths is part of the City’s strategic initiative of creating an accessible and connected City.

Footpaths result in improved accessibility for:

  • Children
  • People with prams
  • Members of the community with a disability
  • Pedestrians
  • Cyclists
  • Public transport users.

To report an issue with a footpath, please phone our Customer Contact Centre or lodge a request online.  

Reporting a road issue

All primary roads are the responsibility of Main Roads WA. These include:

  • Mitchell Freeway
  • Wanneroo Road
  • Karrinyup Road (east of West Coast Highway)
  • Morley Drive
  • Stephenson Avenue
  • Marmion Avenue
  • West Coast Highway
  • Reid Highway.

To report an issue with a primary road, please contact Main Roads WA.

Annual public works program

The City of Stirling constructs, maintains and improves facilities and services within the road reserve to improve safety, ease of access and aesthetics in our community.

You can now find out about road works planned or currently taking place in their area. Please note that this information is indicative only.

Annual Capital Works Program 2018/19

Notify the City of proposed works

The City of Stirling needs to be made aware of:

  • Any proposed works which affect the City’s residents and businesses
  • Works which require traffic management or involve interference with the City’s roads and assets.

To notify the City of proposed works, please email all relevant details to