Glendalough is characterised by a significant number of grouped and multiple-unit residential developments with older character housing interspersed throughout.
The majority of post-war housing was built of brick and tile, often with timber floors, while the unit developments in Glendalough were built in the 1970s. Most of the units within the area are concentrated around Harborne Street and Cayley Street, near Glendalough train station.
With the exception of the high-rise unit developments, the majority of residential development does not exceed 2 storeys.
Glendalough contains 3ha of public open space with two local open spaces. Glendalough is located adjacent to the significant regional recreational reserves of Lake Monger and Herdsman Lake.
There is a small shopping centre on the corner of Powis Street and Harborne Street, which provides for local needs.
Glendalough contains two schools, the Lake Monger Primary School and the Chrysalis Montessori School, as well as a senior citizens home.
Significant landmarks include the Glendalough Parish, originally built in 1898 as a reform school. It was the first building established by the Catholic Church within the boundaries of the City of Stirling.
Glendalough train station was built as part of Perth's northern suburbs transit system and provides Glendalough residents with convenient access to public transport with many using it as a transfer station for buses to Scarborough Beach.
A small section of Glendalough adjoining Lake Monger is officially outside the bounds of the City of Stirling.
Financial year 2023 - 2024