Completed BA2 application for building permit uncertified
Completed BA2 application for building permit uncertified form signed by all owners of the land/property or
A copy of an offer and acceptance form signed by all vendors and purchasers of the land/company
A certificate of owner-builder approval issued by the Department of Building and Energy or, details of the nominated building contractor are required in most instances where building work has a value of $20,000 or more. Please refer to the Fees, Charges and Payments information sheet.
For building work with a value of $20,000 or more, a current home indemnity insurance certificate from an approved insurer is required (unless otherwise exempted).
BA20 – Notice and request for consent to encroach or adversely affected (where applicable) or Consent or court order for work encroaching on other land or adversely affecting other land (where applicable)
Clean Site Feature Survey (must be in AHD and endorsed by a licensed land surveyor)
Completed construction training fund levy form where applicable
Payment of the required building permit application fee
One set of plans, details, specifications and documents as specified in the
certificate of design compliance
- Plans and details must be legible
- This set of details is to include a copy of each technical certificate that have been signed by a specialist (e.g. structural engineers or other professional consultant) which is part of the certificate design compliance.
All prescribed authorities have been obtained where applicable :
- Approved development application (where required under the Planning and Development Act ). Please note that the building permit plans must match the development approval plans.
- Heritage notification to Heritage Council
- Water Corporation approval where necessary e.g. if work is near/over a sewer or water main.
Site plan (minimum scale 1:200) showing:
Clearly indicate all property boundaries, boundary dimensions and existing buildings
- A permanent datum point, contour, spot levels and feature survey of the property (may be required to be carried out by a Licensed Land Surveyor
- Position of effluent disposal system (unsewered areas only)
- Clearly indicate the distance from the property boundaries to the proposed building
- Show the proposed finished floor level to the residence
- Height and extent of proposed earthworks
- Existing sewer and stormwater drains and/or easements
- Locations and heights of stabilised embankments e.g. retaining wall(s)
- North point
- Show verge and road features including traffic islands crossover, trees stormwater grates & services
- Indicate all structures and/or buildings on adjoining lots within 3m of the lot boundary
- Stormwater disposal details.
Floor plan (minimum scale 1:100) showing:
- Detailed plan view of every storey of the proposed design
- All dimensions of the proposed building(s)
- Room names
- Location of windows and doors showing their sizes
- Smoke detector location(s)
- Ridge, valley, eaves line and downpipe locations.
Elevations (minimum scale 1:100) showing:
- Existing ground and proposed finished floor and ground levels
- Location and dimensions of doors and windows (including direction of opening) e.g. fixed, sliding, awning
- Height of ceiling
- Types of materials used.
Details (minimum scale 1:50, 1:20 and larger where appropriate)
Provide details, where applicable for:
- Footings to walls, piers, posts and columns
- Stump details to sub floor
- Connection details of structural members
- Waterproofing details
- Connection of new work to existing structure
- Method of maintaining a waterproof connection between new and existing work
- Any other details as maybe required to clearly indicate the proposed works.
Please note, that in some instances, these details will need to be certified by
a Professional Structural Engineer.
- Building Code of Australia energy and water efficiency verification
- Building Code of Australia glazing calculator
- Two (2) complete specifications must be submitted with your application
- All other information not shown on the drawings, which is necessary to show that the building will, if constructed in accordance with the specifications, comply with the provisions of the Building Code of Australia
Termite management to include details of :
- Name of chemical or physical barrier
- The extent of the barrier
- Details of the barrier at change of level/s and or at the points of attachment of new work to the existing.
Two complete and separate sets of scaled structural engineers documents (signed as certified by a professional structural engineer)
- Site classification as per the Building Code of Australia
- Details for earthworks, foundations and drainage.
Footing, floor, suspended floor and slab detail
- Concrete specifications
- Footing dimensions
- Reinforcement size and waterproof membrane and location
- Slab thickness.
Structural beams, columns, piers, lintels, framed construction, roof construction etc Retaining wall
- Drawing and specification of materials to be used.
Two storey construction
Water Corporation approval where required, i.e. consent letter or stamped approved plans from the Water Corporation of Western Australia authorities if work is near/over a sewer or water main.