To access documents under FOI, the application has to:
- The submission should be lodged online, however, if the applicant does not have access to the internet or a computer, a physical copy of the form can be collected from the Main Admin Centre at 25 Cedric Street, Stirling
- Include specific details to identify the requested documents. General requests, such as ‘all documents’ for an unspecified period of time can involve unnecessary resources, be time consuming and costly to the applicant
- Have an Australian address and telephone number.
Fees and charges schedule
There are no fees if the application is for personal information relating to the applicant. A fee of $30 is required for other applications and there may be additional charges for dealing with the request if the search for documents is extensive and ancillary costs need to be applied.
|Application fee for non-personal information||$30|
|Application fee for personal information||No fee|
|Staff time for dealing with application||$30/hour|
|Supervised access to records for inspection||$30/hour|
|Photocopying||20 cents per page|
|Duplicating a tape, CD, DVD or computer information||Actual cost|
|Packaging and postal||Actual cost|
|An advance deposit may be required||25%|
|An additional advance deposit may be required for large applications||75%|
*An applicant who is the holder of a currently valid concession card issued on behalf of the Commonwealth to that person, or any other card which may be prescribed as being a pensioner concession card under the Rates and Charges (Rebates and Deferments) Act 1992, or an applicant in the opinion of the City who is impecunious, the charges payable is reduced by 25%. No reduction is applicable to the application fee.
The FOI Act provides a 45-day time-frame from the date an application is received, to the City handing down its notice of decision.
Once the City receives a valid application, a search will be conducted to identify the requested documents.
The documents will be reviewed against the exemptions set out under Schedule 1 of the FOI Act. If and where required, the City will consult with third parties.
The notice of decision will detail:
- The process undertaken
- The documents identified as falling within the scope of the application
- Any information that is withheld (due to exemptions)
- The options available to the applicant should the applicant be dissatisfied with the decision.
Should you have any queries about the process or the information statement, please contact the Freedom of Information officer by phoning our Contact Centre.
For more information, please visit the Office of the Information Commissioner website.