Clause 61A of the Deemed Provisions in Schedule 2 of the Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015 allows for landowners and/or applicants to seek written advice from the Local Government to assess and confirm that the works proposed are exempt from development approval and can proceed straight to a building permit.
Additions up to and including Single Houses are exempt from development approval provided they meet the deemed-to-comply criteria of the R-Codes and any relevant local planning policy.
A deemed-to-comply check can be lodged for:
- Deemed-to-comply check for minor works to a single house ($73.00):
- Front fence
- Site works/retaining walls
- Ancillary dwelling (Granny flat)
- Deemed-to-comply check for works to a single house ($295.00):
- Any extension/addition to a single house
- Erection of single house.
Once the application is accepted and lodged, advice of the outcome will be provided within 14 calendar days.