ePetition terms and conditions
Petitions can be made by electors of the City of Stirling. To initiate an ePetition, electors must agree to the following terms and conditions.
I understand that my ePetition must:
- Be about a matter on which Council has the power to act
- Be addressed to the Mayor, a Councillor or the CEO
- Be made by electors of the district
- Be respectful and temperate in its language and not contain language disrespectful to Council
- Be written in the English language, or if in another language, be accompanied by an English translation which has been certified by a qualified translator as a true and correct translation of the ePetition
- Not promote anything that may constitute spam, such as commercial interests, solicitations, advertisements or endorsements of any non-governmental agency
- Not contain external links; and
- Protect personal privacy by not including email addresses, phone numbers or home addresses.
Signing a petition
By participating in a petition, you accept the following statements to be true:
- You are an elector of the City of Stirling
- You have a legitimate interest in the matter being raised
- You have not previously recorded your support to this particular ePetition
- You are representing personal interests
- You have entered your correct details. You accept that it is fraudulent to represent yourself as someone else, whether that be a real or imaginary person
- Only valid, full addresses located within the City of Stirling’s boundaries will be accepted.
- Lead petitioners agree that their contact details will be provided to relevant City of Stirling employees for the purpose of being contacted in relation to matters or projects concerning their petition.
The petition and your decision to support the issue will form part of a document that Council receives. You should note:
- The document is likely to become a public record.
- Your petition support will be specifically identified in the document.
- On this website, it is not possible to participate in an petition as an anonymous person.
For petition purposes, your personal details are provided to Council. Your personal details will not be shared with any third parties or used for any purposes other than those stated.
By supporting the petition, your initials and suburb will be visible on the City’s website alongside the petition details.