• Current alerts (2) Click to view
    Current alerts 7 December 2023
    • Please note there is no Justice of the Peace service at our Main Administration Centre today, Thursday 7 December. The service will return on Friday 8 December between 11.00am and 2.00pm.

      All day
    • City services at Scarborough Community Hub, including library and leisure centre will be closed to the public on Saturday 9 December and Sunday 10 December due to Western Power electrical works.

      Until further notice
    Load More

Parking infringements

Parking infringements are issued to drivers who do not adhere to the City’s Parking Local Law

Parking infringement conditions

The following conditions apply to parking infringements:

  • Payment is required within 28 days from the date of issue
  • The City will send a Reminder Notice 14 days from the date of issue
  • After 28 days, a Final Demand Notice will be issued, which includes an additional late payment fee
  • If payment has not been received within 28 days, the infringement will be referred to the Fines Enforcement Registry (FER).

Once an infringement is lodged with the FER:

  • Additional charges will apply
  • Your driver’s licence may be suspended
  • You will not be able to renew your vehicle registration until the infringement has been paid.

Did you know?

Once your infringement has been referred to the Fines Enforcement Registry (FER), the City can no longer provide assistance. For more information, please visit the Department of Justice website.

Pay your parking infringement
Click here

Appealing a parking infringement

By law, you’re entitled to request a review of your infringement. You will need to provide all the relevant details so we can make a decision. An appeal must be lodged by the driver within 28 days of the fine being issued.

Follow the steps below to establish if we will consider your appeal, and if so, which documents you must provide.

Step 1: Find your scenario

My parking ticket blew over or fell from the dashboard

We won’t withdraw the infringement, and sending us your ticket won’t change the outcome of the review.

Purchasing a ticket is only part of the requirement of ticket area parking. You must also make sure that your ticket is correctly and securely displayed. 

I was dealing with a medical emergency

We define a medical emergency as a severe injury or illness which poses an immediate risk to a person’s life or long-term health.

You will need to supply an official letter from the hospital or treating doctor confirming that you were involved in a medical emergency at the time the fine was issued.

I was held up at an appointment, work, court or other commitment

We won’t withdraw the infringement. Delays such as these are common and you need to choose a parking area with suitable time limits.

My car broke down

If your car breaks down, you’re expected to take swift action to remove it or have it repaired. You’ll need to supply:

  • A letter from the roadside assistance provider, which includes the car registration, date, time and location of where it was repaired
  • An auto repairer’s invoice, which includes the details of the required repairs as well as the date and time
  • A receipt/invoice for parts that were purchased on the day, if you carried out the repairs yourself
  • A towing invoice if the vehicle was towed, which includes the car registration, date, time and location it was towed from.

Please note all documents must be on official letterhead paper and include the company’s ABN and contact information. We’ll contact the provider to check the details.

I was only running a few minutes late

We won’t withdraw the infringement, even if you catch up with the parking officer.

Drivers are responsible for choosing parking areas that allow enough time to attend to commitments.

I was unfamiliar with the area or didn’t know the road rules

We won’t withdraw the infringement. A condition of having a driver’s licence is that you are expected to understand and comply with all road rules.

I misread the sign or didn’t see the sign

We won’t withdraw the infringement. Drivers are responsible for locating signs and complying with the information displayed..

It’s my first offence; can I get off with a warning?

A clear driving record is not grounds for appeal, regardless of whether you admit fault, request a warning or you are of good character.

I can’t afford to pay the infringement

We won’t withdraw the infringement in these instances.


If the above categories don’t apply to you, but you believe there is good reason for your infringement to be reviewed, submit your appeal below.

Step 2: Were you the driver at the time?

If you are the owner of the vehicle but were not the driver at the time of the offence, you can nominate the driver who was in charge of the vehicle. 

Under the Local Government Act, vehicle owners are deemed to have committed the offence unless they nominate the driver or person in charge of the vehicle at the time of the offence, within 28 days.

Need to nominate another driver?
Click here

Step 3: How to appeal

If you’ve read steps one and two, and believe you have reasonable grounds to request an appeal you can:

Need to appeal a parking infringement?
Click here

Parking infringements - FAQs

What happens if I don’t pay an infringement?

If you ignore a fine, it will become more serious and costly. Parking infringements are recorded with all the relevant vehicle details, including make, model and registration. If the infringement remains unpaid by the due date, vehicle ownership details are obtained from the Department of Transport and subsequent notifications will be sent to the owner of the vehicle. Act now to avoid extra costs and enforcement action.

What happens if my appeal is unsuccessful?

We will notify you by written correspondence outlining your remaining options

Can I set up a payment plan to pay my infringement?

The City of Stirling does not offer payment plans for parking infringements. However, if you’re experiencing financial hardship you may be granted additional time to pay.

To request a payment extension, please submit your request in writing to the City before your infringement due date to stirlingparkingsupport@stirling.wa.gov.au.

I’m not satisfied with the outcome of my appeal, can I take the matter to court?

Yes. If you’re not satisfied with the outcome of your appeal and wish to take the matter to court, please complete the below form:

Take the matter to court

Is my infringement for the City of Stirling?

We often get requests relating to infringements issued by other councils. Please check your fine for the City of Stirling logo before sending your appeal to us.