Food safety and inspections

In accordance with current legislation, the City of Stirling’s environmental health officers conduct regular, unannounced inspections of food businesses within the community.

Food-related complaint

If you have a food-related complaint and you wish to report a concern, please complete an Environmental Health Food Service Request form. 

Concerns that the City look into include:

  • Lack of cleanliness, or poor food-handler hygiene practices
  • Contamination of food (Note: please retain the remaining food without removing the contaminant)
  • Suspected food poisoning (Note: report the incident as soon as possible and retain any remaining food by wrapping it in clean plastic and storing it in the fridge).

Please note, the City of Stirling handles all food-handling complaints confidentially.

Food Service Request form

Useful resources