Enrolment to Vote

Local Government Elections 2023

The 2023 City of Stirling Local Government Elections will be held on Saturday, 21 October 2023. Electors will be asked to vote for a Mayor and a Ward Councillor. This election will be held as a postal vote. Eligible electors will receive a voting package in the mail, and are encouraged to complete the ballot papers and return them via the postage paid envelope. Electors will also be able to return their votes in person at the City's Administration Centre or at one of the City's libraries.

The 2023 Local Government Elections will conducted using the Optional Preferential Voting system. This means that when marking ballot papers, electors are able to number as many boxes as they choose. 

Residents and ratepayers of the City of Stirling are encouraged to check their enrolment ahead of the elections to ensure they receive their voting packages. 

Am I enrolled to vote?

Am I enrolled to vote?

You are eligible to vote in a Local Government Election if:

  • you are a resident of the City of Stirling and are enrolled to vote in State elections; or
  • you are enrolled to vote in State or Federal elections, own or occupy rateable property in the City, and have made a successful eligibiliy claim.

To check if your electoral details are up to date please visit the Australian Electoral Commission website.

Owners and Occupiers Roll

If you are enrolled to vote in State or Federal elections for a residential address outside the City of Stirling, and own or occupy rateable property in the City you are eligible to make a claim to be on the Owners and Occupiers Roll. To make a claim to be included on the Owners and Occupiers Roll a person must submit a form to the City prior to the close of rolls at 5pm on Friday 25 August 2023. The City will then make an assessment of the eligibility of the claim. If a claim is unsuccessful the City will provide reasons why the claim was rejected.

Ownership and Occupation

To be eligible to be enrolled as an owner or occupier, you must:

  • Be enrolled for State elections at an address outside of the City of Stirling;
  • Own rateable property in the City of Stirling (even if part of this property is in another local government district);
  • Prove that you have a right of continuous occupation under a lease, tenancy agreement or other legal instrument;
  • Complete and have accepted by the City, a Form 2, 2A or 2B (depending on which type of claim is being made).

Which Form Do I Fill Out?

  • Form 2 - if you are a sole owner/occupier or one of two owners or occupiers.
  • Form 2A - if you are a Body Corporate making a claim.
  • Form 2B - if you are a co-owner or co-occupier of a rateable property making a claim.