Customer Service Charter
The City of Stirling is committed, through our corporate values, to support and enhance a community that our residents, businesses and visitors can be proud to be part of.
Our commitment to you
To be a dynamic organisation that delivers effective services, maintains a strong customer focus and supports our diverse community.
During all interactions, we will:
- Be professional and respectful
- Be helpful, courteous and inclusive
- Be consistent, efficient and responsive
- Be open, honest and accountable
- Listen to and understand the importance of your enquiry
- Communicate effectively and keep you informed of progress
- Provide accurate, meaningful information and advice
- Identify ourselves verbally or by wearing a name badge.
We are also committed to:
- Ensuring information, resources and services are accessible and inclusive
- Using customer feedback and data to improve our services
- Respecting and protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information
- Ensuring our employees work together effectively to resolve your enquiry, avoiding referrals to other departments within the City
- Engaging our community and seeking feedback on projects, plans and proposals that affect them
- Providing explanations for our decisions and how community feedback influenced the decision.
How you can help
We appreciate your assistance by asking that you:
- Treat our employees with courtesy and respect
- Provide accurate information to enable us to assist you
- Allow us to ask questions where necessary
- Respect the rights of other customers
- Understand that some requests are outside of the City’s responsibilities
- Inform us of any changes to your contact details or residential address.
Our contact standards
Our Customer Contact Centre will aim to resolve enquiries immediately. If this isn’t possible, you will be transferred to the relevant officer who will assist you. If the officer is unavailable at the time of your call, you will receive a return call by 5.00pm the next business day.
Please note, direct phone numbers and email addresses of City officers are not available via the Customer Contact Centre.
We aim to resolve face-to-face enquiries at the initial point of contact. When this is not possible, we will phone or write to you with a response within seven business days.
Please submit enquiries and feedback via the Customer Enquiry Form on our website.
Written and online enquiries
Letters, online enquiries and complaints will be responded to within seven business days. When it’s not possible to resolve your enquiry or complaint within seven business days, we will keep you informed of progress and advise when you can expect to receive a full response.
Please note, these standards do not apply to unsolicited mail, sales or promotional material.
Your feedback is important to us and assists with the continuous improvement of our services. We are committed to ensuring complaints are handled efficiently, fairly and confidentially. To ensure we have as much detail as possible to assist in handling your complaint, please submit feedback via the enquiry form on our website, or in writing. Alternatively, we can capture feedback on your behalf on the phone or in person.
More information and contact
For more information, please phone our Customer Contact Centre.