• Current alerts (2) Click to view
    Current alerts 7 December 2023
    • Please note there is no Justice of the Peace service at our Main Administration Centre today, Thursday 7 December. The service will return on Friday 8 December between 11.00am and 2.00pm.

      All day
    • City services at Scarborough Community Hub, including library and leisure centre will be closed to the public on Saturday 9 December and Sunday 10 December due to Western Power electrical works.

      Until further notice
    Load More

Pet registration

There is State Government legislation in place to ensure control and registration of dogs and cats in our community. The State Government also sets all of the registration fees associated with the control and registration of dogs and cats. The registration period for 1-year and 3-years expires on 31 October. 

Each year from 1 June, new one-year pet registrations are half price. This registration is only valid through to 31 October, at which time it will be due for renewal.

The City of Stirling is responsible for enforcing and administering State Government legislation in our community. Registering and microchipping your dog makes it easier for our Rangers to help return your pet to you if they become lost.

When to register your pet

  • Dogs aged over three months are required to be microchipped and registered
  • Cats aged over six months must be registered, microchipped and sterilised.
Ready to register your pet?
Click here

Pet registration and renewal fees

To pay your new pet registration or renew your pet registration for one year, three years or lifetime, click ‘make a payment’ button below.

You will need to have your pet's Animal Number to proceed. These details can be found on your pet's registration renewal or payment notice, or by contacting (08) 9205 8555.

Cats must be sterilised prior to registration and therefore, the unsterilised fees option only apply to dogs.

Make a payment

Update your pet registration details

If you recently received your pet registration renewal notice and some of the details are not correct or current, let us know so we can update your pet registration record.

Please inform the City if:

  • You or your pet no longer reside in the City of Stirling
  • Your pet has sadly passed away
  • Your contact details have changed.

Change of pet details form

Please ensure you have also updated your details with your microchip provider. To look-up which animal registry has your pet’s details, visit http://www.petaddress.com.au/

1-year registration (expires 31 October 2024)

 FullPension concession
Unsterilised* (Dog only)$50.00$25.00

From June 1, new one-year cat and dog registrations are half price.

Please note all one-year registrations will commence 31 October 2022 and expire on 31 October 2023.

3-year registration (expires 31 October 2026)

 FullPensioner concession

Please note all three-year pet registrations will commence 31 October 2022 and expire on 31 October 2025.

Lifetime registration

 FullPensioner concession

​Dangerous dog 1-year registration only (expires 31 October 2024)

There are no concessions for dangerous, restricted, or commercial security dogs.

Please note all one-year registrations will commence 31 October 2023 and expire on 31 October 2024.

Restricted dog breeds$50.00
Dangerous dog breeds$50.00
Commercial security dog$50.00

Pet registration concessions

Pet registration concession fees are available for residents who hold the following cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • State Concession Card
  • Commonwealth Senior’s Health Card together with a Senior’s Card.

If you hold any of the concession cards above, you’re entitled to half-price registration fees on new one, three or lifetime registrations. Please note that Health Care Cards are not accepted.

To apply for a concession, please upload a scanned copy of the front and back of your concession card/s, when you complete an online pet registration form.

Please note, our animal registration officer may contact you for further information.