The following conditions apply:
- The property must be rated residential or commercial and the applicant must be a registered ratepayer
- The property must be within the City of Stirling boundary and appear on the City of Stirling heritage list
- Applicants must provide evidence of full value building insurance for each year an application is submitted
- Applicants must provide a current pest control certificate for each year an application is submitted
- To receive the rate concession, eligible applications must be received no later than 60 days from the issue date of the current annual rate notice
- Applications received after this date will be ineligible for a heritage rate concession for the current financial year
- The heritage concession is subject to annual budget approval.
The heritage rate concession will not be provided if:
- The owner is bound by the heritage agreement which commits them to ongoing care and maintenance of the heritage building, and this is not adhered to
- Incorrect documentation is supplied
- There is an outstanding rate debt to the City on the property
- The City of Stirling decides to cancel the heritage rate concession.
Please note, heritage rates concessions will be cancelled under the following circumstances:
- A debt to the Council on the property is overdue
- The agreement is nullified by the ratepayer through voluntary withdrawal
- The City determines that the property is not being suitably maintained
- The City determines that the property is not covered by full value building insurance
- The City can at any time cancel the heritage rate concession
- The property is no longer on the State Register of Heritage Places.