The City defines a Community Hub as a satellite location in the City which has co-located City-led services, facilities and spaces for community activities. The Hubs focus on meeting the needs of each hub’s local residents all in one convenient location. The intent behind the establishment of local Community Hubs is to co-locate services and provide:
- A place where people come, stay and interact
- A place to locally access a range of services and programs
- Improved facility utilisation (active and passive)
- Improved opportunities for various community organisations to collaborate and innovate
- Opportunities for City Officers to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in response to local community needs
- Avoiding duplication of services, programs and resources.
There are currently four Hubs including Mirrabooka Community Hub, Osborne Community Hub, Inglewood Town Square and Scarborough Community Hub. Each Hub differs slightly with spaces, services and activities aligned with the needs of the surrounding community. The extent of City buildings and infrastructure also vary across each Hub.
Further information about our community hubs can be found here on the Community hubs page.
The City has engaged with the community to capture what they see as important for the Hamersley Hub. From the community responses, the following key priority areas have been identified for the City to implement at the Hamersley Hub:
- Improved family friendly spaces
- Increased activation and vibrancy of the space through food trucks/coffee vans, pop up markets and art/cultural events
- More shade, seating opportunities and self service book pods/reading area to increase the opportunity for longer stays
- Modernise the facility to allow for improved range of usage opportunities
- Improved amenity on the oval to increase the level of use and activation, including improved lighting, toilets and play/recreational amenity
- A Mountain Bike Trail for primary school aged children within the area
- Better signage, wayfinding and better promotion of the Hub facility.
- Opportunities for increased community involvement
The City is currently working through the implementation of these priority areas, and will keep the community informed through this page.
If you are looking to get involoved at the Hamersley hub, please contact the Leisure planning team on (08) 9205 8555.