In late 2019, the City received an application to develop seven multiple dwellings and one commercial tenancy at 331 West Coast Drive, Trigg (known as the YELO site). The City was not the determining authority for this application and was subsequently refused by the Joint Development Assessment Panel (JDAP).
Following the refusal, the determination was appealed with the State Administrative Tribunal (SAT). As part of the SAT process, JDAP has been invited to reconsider its decision now that the applicant has made some amendments to the plans and provided additional information.
The revised application is summarised as follows:
- A four (4) storey development comprising:
- 175m2 of Restaurant floor space fronting West Coast Drive, which includes alfresco dining on West Coast Drive
- Seven (7) Multiple Dwellings ranging from two-bedroom to three-bedroom dwellings
- The provision of 18 car parking bays at basement level
- Vehicle access and egress is proposed from West Coast Drive and Bennion Street
- A loading zone and two (2) parking bays are proposed at ground level with access from Bennion Street
- A parking bay is proposed in the Bennion Street road reserve
The application will be referred to the Council meeting to be held on Tuesday, 1 December 2020.
The meeting is open to the public and commences at 5:00pm in the Council Chambers, City of Stirling Administration Centre, 25 Cedric St, Stirling.
The community is welcome to attend and present questions to Council which should be provided before the start of the meeting. The online public question time form can be viewed on the City’s website.
You will be able to access the Council and JDAP Report which will contain the officer's recommendation on the Friday before the meeting (27 November 2020) by close of business.
Following this, the development will be determined by the Metro Inner-North JDAP on Wednesday, 9 December 2020.
The meeting is open to the public and commences at 9:00am, City of Stirling Administration Centre, 25 Cedric St, Stirling.
The JDAP Agenda together with information relating to attending and presenting at the JDAP meeting will be available for viewing on the DAP website at least 7 days prior to the meeting.
If you wish to make a presentation to the Joint Development Assessment Panel, please complete the presentation request template available to download on the DAP’s website and email it to the DAP secretariat. The request is to be submitted at least 72 hours prior to the Joint Development Assessment Panel meeting. The link to the Presentation Request Form.
Back to news
Social Media Share this articleLinks below open in a new window