David has been a councillor since 2011. David has two teenage children, one attending school within the City of Stirling and another attending Curtin University. Both children work part time in local businesses.
David has a Bachelor degree in teaching and physical education and has contributed to West Australian schools and the community on a number of levels, while working for the Australian Sports Commission. David is a board member on the board of St Andrew Grammar Dianella and is the vice patron of a number of local sporting clubs within the City ward.
David grew up in a family heavily involved in the West Australian wine industry, which contributes to his strong belief in encouraging and growing small businesses.David believes in thinking ‘outside the box’ to create more business opportunities within the community.
David is committed to creating a progressive and stronger Stirling and is always available to support community members.
Council committee memberships:
- Planning and Development Committee
- Chief Executive Officer's Committee
- Audit Committee (Presiding Member).
Other committee/advisory group memberships:
- Tamala Park Regional Council (Alternate Member)
- WALGA North Metropolitan Zone Committee (Chairperson)
- City of Stirling Strategic Property Advisory Group
- City of Stirling Crime Prevention Advisory Group.