David has been a councillor since 2011. David has two teenage children, one attending school within the City of Stirling and another attending Curtin University. Both children work part time in local businesses.
David has a Bachelor degree in teaching and physical education and has contributed to West Australian schools and the community on a number of levels, while working for the Australian Sports Commission. David is a board member on the board of St Andrew Grammar Dianella and is the vice patron of a number of local sporting clubs within the City ward.
David grew up in a family heavily involved in the West Australian wine industry, which contributes to his strong belief in encouraging and growing small businesses.David believes in thinking ‘outside the box’ to create more business opportunities within the community.
David is committed to creating a progressive and stronger Stirling and is always available to support community members.
Council committee memberships:
- Audit Committee (Presiding Member)
- Chief Executive Officer’s Performance Review Committee
- Community and Resources Committee.
Other committee/advisory group memberships:
- City of Stirling Crime Prevention Advisory Group
- Tamala Park Regional Council
- Tamala Park Regional Council - Audit Committee
- Tamala Park Regional Council - CEO Performance Review Committee
- Tamala Park Regional Council - Management Committee
- Western Australian Local Government Association - North Metropolitan Zone Committee.