Karlo has been a serving Councillor for the Hamersley Ward since 2017. His parents originally settled at King Edward Rd in the 1950’s and he was born at the Osborne Park Hospital.
As a local resident for over 25 years, Karlo enjoys nothing more than spending time with his family and friends in and around our diverse City.
Karlo is very approachable, often preferring to catch up with residents in person. In an age of social media where impersonal communication has become the norm, he prefers to engage in the old-fashioned way, face to face, with a big smile and always eager to help.
Karlo recognises the importance of protecting our natural environments and open spaces. From Lake Gwelup, Trigg Bushland, Careniup Wetlands and Carine Open Space, he strongly supports these special areas which are so vital for the wellbeing of our entire community.
Karlo has enjoyed a distinguished management career but becoming a Councillor has given him a far deeper sense of appreciation and he’s honoured to be serving and representing the City of Stirling.
This may be regarded as a part time role, but with Karlo, you will always get full time commitment.
Council committee memberships:
- Planning and Development Committee
- Chief Executive Officer's Performance Review Committee
- Audit Committee (Deputy Presiding Member).
Other committee/advisory group memberships:
- Tamala Park Regional Council
- Tamala Park Regional Council Audit Committee
- Tamala Park Regional Council Management Committee
- Tamala Park Regional Council CEO Performance Review Committee
- City of Stirling Environment Advisory Group
- City of Stirling Crime Prevention Advisory Group.