Containers for Change is coming to the City on 1 October 2020
The City of Stirling is an approved Containers for Change Refund Point Operator, a State-wide container deposit scheme that lets you cash in eligiable containers for a 10 cent refund. When the facilities open, residents can take their eligible empty beverage containers to the City’s refund points and receive 10 cents for every eligible container returned.
The City's approved refund points are designed to handle returns of all sizes to allow customers to claim their refunds effortlessly, either in cash or electronically.
The City has two proposed drop-off locations:
- Balcatta Road, Balcatta - drive-through facility (instant cash refunds are available)
- Recycling Centre Balcatta - express bag drop-off only (electronic refunds only).
The scheme aims to:
- Increase recovery and recycling of empty beverage containers
- Reduce the number of empty beverage containers that are disposed of as litter or to landfill
- Provide opportunities for social enterprise and benefits for community organisations
- Create opportunities for employment
- Complement existing collection and recycling activities for recyclable waste.
How it works
Step 1 -
Sign up for your own scheme ID to receive your refund via a direct deposit into your bank account by visitng www.containersforchange.com.au/wa. If you are visitng our drive through facility, cash refunds will be available.
Start collecting your eligable containers.
Drop off your eligible containers to one of our drop off points.
If you are a business, school or community group and would like to sign up to the Containers for Change scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.