Sustainability at home will reduce your energy consumption and environmental impact, and could save you money.
Home energy assessment toolkits (HEAT)
Our home energy assessment toolkit (HEAT) will help you to find out:
- Which of your home appliances are guzzling power
- Where your home leaks heat in winter
- Where your home gains heat in summer
- How you can make simple changes to save money
- How you can make simple changes to save energy and cut greenhouse gas emissions.
Kits are available for loan at no charge, for two weeks at a time. Collection is by appointment from the City's Administration Centre.
Saving water in your garden
The City encourages waterwise verges and nature strips. If you would like to make your verge waterwise or plant a native garden, please refer to our Verge Treatment Guidelines.
Verge grass replacement rebate
A limited number of rebates to the value of $250 are available to residents who replace irrigated grass on their verge with new, native waterwise gardens. The rebate is paid on completion of works and ’before’ and ‘after’ photos must be supplied.