Sustainable Verge Awards are now closed, winners will be announced shortly.
1. Residential - Waterwise Nature Strip
Existing verge incorporates elements to reduce water consumption, encourage stormwater infiltration or improve water quality, such as conversion from lawn/hardscaping to waterwise plants and mulch, or utilisation of recycled/harvested water.
2. Residential - Biodiverse Nature Strip
Existing verge incorporates elements to improve biodiversity such as a diverse range of local native (endemic) plant species, an increase in habitat and food provision for native wildlife, conversion of hardscaping to native garden.
How to enter
- Comment on the City of Stirling’s Sustainable Verge Awards Facebook post, including the category you are applying for, a description (<50 words), and a photograph.
- Email email@example.com with the subject line ‘Sustainable Verge Awards’, including the category you are applying for, a description (<50 words), and a photograph.
- Winner (each category): $500 prize pack
- Runner up (each category): $250 prize pack.
Please see the terms and conditions below for details of the prize packs. Winners will be notified by phone, email or social media in November 2023. Winners will also be promoted on the City’s Facebook page/website (photograph of verge will be included).
Terms and Conditions
View the Terms and Conditions here.
1 August 2023 to 20 October 2023.