Library membership and services
Find out about library services and how to sign up for a membeship.
Virtual Storytimes and Rhymetimes
For many of our regular families who are missing story and rhymetimes, we will be offering Live Virtual Storytimes and Rhymetimes from the start of June. These sessions will be conducted through Zoom - Just book a place, click the link in your online ticket to join on your mobile, tablet or computer.
For more information, visit the Children's activities page.
Modified in-library services from 18 May
- Printing is available, but currently no photocopying. Payment is by card only.
- The library is accepting returns.
- Customers can still take out a further 20 items
- You may borrow library items, please use one of the self-check machines to borrow and renew your items
- Additional measures that we have put in place include increased hygiene procedures, with the frequent cleaning of high use equipment, surfaces and available hand sanitiser for your use
Remote library services
Though our libraries have been closed, the City is still trying to provide essential information and resources, as well as entertainment to our customers.
Now is a great time to check out our Digital Library content. Find eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and streaming movies to a wealth of other useful resources.
Our Library staff have also been working hard to provide some other Special Services at this time.
JP Service - Mirrabooka only
Our Justice of the Peace service returns to Mirrabooka from 9.00am - 11.30am. In addition to the usual prerequisites, a number of restrictions have been put in place due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), including increased cleaning.
For more information visit the Justice of the Peace page here.
Books on Wheels service recommences
If you are, or have a loved-one who is a housebound resident in the City of Stirling, you may be eligible to receive our Books on Wheels service. Contact our libraries for more information.
Want to return your loans? Libraries have reopened, but we also have returns chutes at Scarborough and Osborne. All items will be cleaned/quarantined for 24 hours upon return. As it may take a while to clear your card, you will be able to take out 20 items in addition to your usual limit of 20.
If you can’t make it to the library, don’t worry. We've extended all loan periods and no fines will be charged during this period.
Print and collect
Do you need to print a job application or your resume? Jobseekers can email through your printing request to your local library.
When your printing is ready to collect a staff member will contact you to arrange a collection time.
Library contact details
Are you missing your usual Bookclub? Has being in lockdown made you want to start one? Contact our libraries for fun and easy ways to run your Bookclub via online platforms such as Zoom and Teams.
Library contact details
Online songs and stories
Missing your usual Preschool Storytime and Baby Rhymetime sessions?
City of Stirling Librarians have been working hard to prepare some wonderful sessions that you can access from home during the current isolation period.
Our Story and Rhymetimes focus on developing literacy skills in children 0 - 5 years of age, but more importantly, they are fun, enjoyable and great way to entertain the little ones.
Online songs and stories
Membership to our libraries allows you to borrow up to 20 items at one time, including a mixture of books, DVDs, magazines, audio materials and online resources. Anyone can join and membership is free!
To become a member, please bring a government-issued photo ID which includes a signature, as well as proof of your residential address, such as a utility bill. To begin the process you can register below and start reserving your items today.
Conditions of use
General terms and conditions
You are required to:
- Present your library card to borrow items from the libraries
- Take responsibility for all the items borrowed on your card
- Report a lost or stolen library card immediately so that you are not charged for any items that are borrowed by an unauthorised person
- Notify library staff if your contact details change
- Return all borrowed items on or before the due date
- Pay all charges imposed for late return, damage or loss of library items or membership cards.
- As a child’s parent or guardian you must:
- Be present when they are completing a membership application and countersign the application
- Take responsibility for all items borrowed on the child’s card
- Be present at all times with them in any of the City’s libraries.
- Library members can access general library services up to 10 minutes before closing time
- Any person visiting the City’s libraries must behave in a responsible and considerate manner in accordance with the Library Board (Registered Public Libraries) Regulations 1985. Anyone behaving in an inappropriate or disorderly manner will be asked to leave the premises and may have their membership suspended
- Temporary or permanent suspension may be applied to any library member who seriously misuses the libraries’ facilities or behaves inappropriately in the library.
Online services terms and conditions
- To use the online services, including internet access, you must abide by the WA Classification (Publications, Films and Computer Games) Enforcement Act 1996. To view a copy, please visit the Western Australian Legislation website
- As a parent or guardian, you must supervise children under twelve years of age if they want to access the internet at any of the City’s libraries
- You must not modify the installed hardware or software on computers at any of the City’s libraries
- Library members can access public access computers up to 5 minutes before closing.
To use the public access computers, users will need to agree to the full Online Services Terms and Conditions each time they log on to a computer.
Residents and visitors can enjoy access to a number of free Wi-Fi locations in the City’s libraries, leisure centres and the administration centre in Stirling.
How do I connect?
- Make sure you are in one of the free Wi-Fi zones
- On your device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi
- Select the Stirling free Wi-Fi network
- Read and accept our terms and conditions.
Find out more about the City's free Wi-Fi zones