• Current alerts (2) Click to view
    Current alerts 30 May 2023
    • Stirling Libraries - Karrinyup will be closed Monday 29 May reopening Monday 12 June 2023 for building maintenance works

      Until further notice
    • The City’s online property services will be unavailable from 5:00pm – 6:30pm on Tuesday 30 May due to scheduled maintenance.

      5:00 PM - 6:30 PM
    Load More

Language and translating support

This page provides information about language and translating support providers.

English language support

If you need help to improve your English language skills, you may be eligible for assistance from the Adult Migrant English program (AMEP) run by the Australian Government.

For more information, please visit AMEP.

Interpreting and translating services

Interpreting and translating services are available to our non-English speaking residents via the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS). The service provides language interpreting in 160 languages for government agencies, not-for-profit organisations and businesses.

To use this service, please phone TIS on 13 14 50 within Australia or +613 9268 8332 from overseas.

Department of Home Affairs

The Department of Home Affairsprovides free translating services for people settling permanently in Australia, and to those enrolled in the adult migrant English program (AMEP). For more information, please phone the DSS on 1800 962 100.

Please note, if you wish to contact the Department of Home Affairs with assistance from an interpreter, please phone TIS on 131 450 and provide the operator with the Department of Home Affairs phone number.