LPP 6.12 - Public Art on Private Land
Consultation has concluded
Planning and Development Act 2005
Town Planning Scheme Amendment
Local Planning Scheme No.3:- Local Planning Policy 6.12 - Public Art on Private Land
The City is advertising for public comment a draft Local Planning Policy 6.12 - Public Art on Private Land. This Policy will require developers to provide public art within their developments that have a value of over $2 million where the development is:
- A residential development of 10 multiple dwellings or more in Residential R60 zones and higher
- A non-residential development
- A mixed use and non-residential development in a Special Use zone or
- Located in a Business, Civic, Development, District Centre, Hotel, Local Centre, Mixed Business, Mixed Use, Private Institution, Regional Centre, or Service Station zone.
This Policy does not apply to:
- Single or grouped dwelling developments
- Multiple dwelling developments with less than 10 dwellings in a Residential zone
- Developments in an Industry zone.
The Policy also allows applicants to make a cash-in-lieu contribution towards public art elsewhere in the City instead of providing it onsite.
More information on the policy
More information about why the City is proposing this Local Planning Policy can be found in the Council report which can be viewed by visiting the Council minutes below:
The Local Planning Policy document details the changes to the Local Planning Scheme No.3 that the City is proposing, which is located in the Document Library.
Community consultation commences
1 May 2018
Community consultation concludes
29 May 2018
Officer review of comments received
Council considered outcomes of advertising
7 August 2018
Local Planning Policy 6.12 comes into effect if endorsed