Moorland Street Bicycle Boulevard
As part of the 2019/20 Capital Works Program, the City of Stirling will be undertaking road modification works along the following streets in Doubleview and Scarborough.
- Moorland Street, Doubleview (Grand Promenade to Deanmore Road)
- Deanmore Street, Scarborough (Moorland Street to Manning Street)
- Manning Street, Scarborough (Deanmore Road to West Coast Highway).
These works form part of a strategic project to create a bicycle friendly route connecting the Stirling City Centre and train station with the Scarborough Beach Precinct. The 'Bicycle Boulevard Project' will be carried out to make roads safer and more user-friendly for all road users including motorists, pedestrians, cyclists and residents. This will be achieved by designing a road system where the driver is encouraged to naturally adapt safe and appropriate behaviour within the design and function of the road, using elements such as increased landscaping, intersection treatments, additional on-street parking and kerbed median islands to create a visually distinct road environment.
Scope of works and duration
The scope of works will include:
- Kerb removal and replacement and modification of kerb alignments
- Intersection modifications and treatments and asphalt resurfacing
- Crossover removal and replacement to new alignments
- Construction of raised and fully mountable traffic islands
- Construction of on-street parking
- Landscaping works.
Concept planning began identifying Moorland Street
Consultation began for the Integrated Cycling Strategy
Concept designs and stage 1 design contract awarded
Concept design approved at community workshop
Stage 1 construction commenced
Stage 2 construction commenced
Stage 3 construction commenced
For more information, or to view this information in an alternate format, contact Jon Offer, Engineering on (08) 9205 8555.
Social Media Share this projectLinks below open in a new window