3 Spoonbill Road, Stirling - Child Care Premises
The City is in receipt of the above Development Application. The application proposes a Child Care Premises and associated works.
The application is required to be advertised due to the proposed land use of “Child Care Premises” being an “A” Use within the “Residential” Zone in accordance with the City of Stirling Local Planning Scheme No. 3.
The proposed development seeks to provide:
- Child care premises accommodating a maximum of 52 children aged 0 to 5 years and 8 staff members at any one time
- Proposed hours of operation will be:
- 7:00am to 6:30pm - Monday to Friday
- 8:00am to 1:00pm - Saturday.
- 13 car bays including one (1) ACROD car bay
- Four (4) bike bays.
The application was previously advertised from 27 September 2019 to 19 October 2019 and from 12 December 2019 to 15 January 2020. Following the closure of the advertising period, amended plans and further information have been provided.
The changes to the previously advertised plans are:
- Access to and from the site is provided from Cedric Street instead of Spoonbill Road
- Re-location of the car park to the west portion of the site fronting Cedric Street
- Re-location of the play areas to the east portion of the site abutting Shearwater, Spoonbill & Kingfisher Reserve
- Re-location of the bin store
- Two (2) additional trees added to the verge of Spoonbill Road.
An updated Traffic Impact Assessment, Acoustic Report and Waste Management Plan have also been submitted to the City.
The proposed development meets the requirements of the City’s Planning Framework including Local Planning Policy 6.4 – Child Day Care Centres and proposes the following variations to the Residential Design Codes (R-Codes):
- Proposed fill with a maximum depth of 0.97 metres within 1 metre of the north and east lot boundaries of the subject site in lieu of 0.5 metres as required by Clause 5.3.7 of the R-Codes (Site Works)
- Retaining walls with a maximum height of 0.97 metres on the north and east lot boundaries in lieu of 0.5 metres as required by Clause 5.3.8 of the R-Codes (Retaining Walls).
The City invites comment relating to the proposed “Child Care Premises”.
Where can I see the application documents?
The plans are available to download here.
Alternatively, copies are available for viewing during business hours (8.30am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday) at the City of Stirling Main Administration Building located at 25 Cedric Street, Stirling.
What do I need to quote on my submission?
Please quote DA19/1015 when making your submission. Click the below link to complete the submission form.
How can I check the status of a Development Application?
Ready to complete the development application submission form?Click here