117 and 119 Scarborough Beach Road, Scarborough - DAP - Child care premises
A Development Assessment Panel Form 1 application for the abovementioned lots was received on 17 June 2020. The original proposal was advertised for a period of 21 days between 27 July 2020 and 17 August 2020. Following the closure of the consultation period, the City forwarded its Request for Further Information (RFI) letter to the Applicant which identified a number of outstanding items and matters based on the City’s preliminary assessment of the proposed development. The City’s RFI letter also included comments from the City’s internal Business Units, external State agencies and submissions received during the public consultation process.
The City is seeking submissions regarding the amended proposal which is briefly described as follows:
- Development of a three (3) storey Child Care Premises
- Capacity for 112 children and 20 staff
- Operational hours of 6:30am to 6:30pm weekdays, with staff arrival no earlier than 6:00am in the morning. Staff may also be on-site for up to an hour at the end of each day for general cleaning activities
- Occasional openings are proposed for short periods on Saturdays, for community open days and/or marketing purposes
- Reorientation of the ground floor to primarily address Scarborough Beach Road
- Relocation of ground floor play area (Outdoor Playscape 1) from Abbett Street and Brodie Lane to Scarborough Beach Road
- Increased upper floor setbacks to the western lot boundary on the second and third floors of the building
- Vehicle access to the proposed development has been modified and is now accessed via Abbett Street. Vehicle access to the proposed development has been removed from Brodie Lane
- 26 on-site car parking bays with six (6) on-street car parking bays proposed on Abbett Street as part of the development application. The on-site car parking bays are proposed to be allocated as follows:
- 18 staff bays
- 8 visitor bays.
Where can I see the application documents?
The plans are available to download here.
Alternatively, copies are available for viewing during business hours (8.30am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday) at the City of Stirling Main Administration Building located at 25 Cedric Street, Stirling.
What do I need to quote on my submission?
Please quote DA20/0849 when making your submission.
How can I check the status of a Development Application?
Ready to complete the development application submission form?Click here
Social Media Share this projectLinks below open in a new window