Stirling Women's Centre Christmas Appeal 2021
The annual Stirling Women's Centre Christmas Appeal is back in 2021 to support local families in times of crisis this festive season.
The Stirling Women's Centre – which celebrated its 40th year of service in 2019 – has supported thousands of families who have experienced family and domestic violence (FDV) by providing short term accommodation and support services.
The centre also manages the Safe at Home program, which offers support for women and children to stay in their own home if it is safe to do so.
The City’s appeal is asking the community to dig deep for donations such as toys, board games, gift vouchers, toiletries, beauty packs and books, which will be given as gifts to children, teenagers and women via the Stirling Women’s Centre and the Safe at Home program.
Donations of wrapping paper, gift bags and gift boxes would also be greatly appreciated.
To contribute to the appeal, unwrapped gifts can be placed in specially marked collection points at the following locations until Wednesday 15 December 2021:
- City of Stirling Administration Centre
25 Cedric Street, Stirling
- City of Stirling Operations Centre
16 Natalia Way, Balcatta
- Stirling Leisure Centres – Terry Tyzack Aquatic Centre
62 Alexander Drive, Inglewood
- Stirling Leisure Centres – Leisurepark Balga
109 Princess Road, Balga
- Stirling Leisure Centres – Scarborough Beach Pool
171 The Esplanade, Scarborough
- Stirling Leisure Centres – Herb Graham
28 Ashbury Crescent, Mirrabooka
- All six Stirling Libraries – Dianella, Inglewood, Karrinyup, Mirrabooka, Osborne and Scarborough.
Mayor Mark Irwin said the appeal was a positive way for the community to show their support to local families who have had a very difficult time.
“It’s fantastic the City is able to run this appeal for the fourth year and each time, we are so grateful for the kind generosity of the community for all of the great donations we receive because this wouldn’t exist without community support,” he said.
“If you are considering donating to the appeal this year, please consider a few key things in our guidelines to ensure the appeal is successful and that families in need enjoy some cheer this festive season.”
- Please only donate new items. The gift you donate may be the only present someone receives this Christmas and it’s one way we can help families feel special
- We gratefully accept gift vouchers. They are ideal gifts for teenagers and they help a parent to purchase a gift for their child’s unique personality and interests
- Please consider older age groups when donating gifts. We always receive gifts for younger children but often run out of gifts for teenagers and parents
- Please do not wrap gifts. This allows parents the dignity of choosing and wrapping a gift for their child from the donations. Donations of wrapping paper and gift bags are gratefully appreciated.
Families in need of Stirling Women’s Centre services can phone (08) 9205 7375 on weekdays from 7.30am to 5.00pm or on weekends/public holidays from 12.30pm to 5.00pm.
To learn more about how the City of Stirling supports families experiencing family and domestic violence, visit www.stirling.wa.gov.au/services-and-support/community-support/families-and-youth/family-and-domestic-violence-support
Stirling Women's Centre Christmas Appeal 2021 - poster
Back to news
Social Media Share this articleLinks below open in a new window