Prepare for an incredible summer of sports
There’s going to be a feast of sports action on the sand and in the water when Trigg and Scarborough beaches play host to more than 10 free events from late January.
It’s set to be a big 10 weeks from Saturday 25 January right through until Sunday 5 April with spectacular events taking in beach volleyball, surfing, beach football, surf lifesaving contests and more. Here’s a look at the upcoming events:
- Woolworths Surfer Groms Comps - Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 January 2020 at Trigg Point
- Trigg Island Sundowner - Saturday 1 February 2020 at Trigg Beach
- Beach Football Tournament - Saturday 1 February and Sunday 2 February at Scarborough Beach
- SunSmart WA Surf League - Saturday 8 February 2020 at Scarborough Beach
- Scarboro SLSC Senior Carnival - Sunday 9 February 2020 at Scarborough Beach
- Alcohol. Think Again Beach Volleyball Tour - State Open - Friday 14 February to Sunday 16 February 2020 at Scarborough Beach
- Open Water Swimming Series Finale - Monday 2 March 2020 at Scarborough Beach
- SunSmart WA Nipper Surf Life Saving Championships - Friday 13 March to Sunday 15 March 2020 at Scarborough Beach
- King of the Point - Saturday 21 March and Sunday 22 March 2020 at Trigg Point
- SunSmart WA Senior Surf Life Saving State Championships - Saturday 28 February and Sunday 29 February 2020 at Scarborough Beach
- Alcohol. Think Again Beach Volleyball Tour - Round 8 - Saturday 28 March and Sunday 29 March 2020 at Trigg Beach
- Champions League Basketball 3 on 3 National Series - Scarborough Beach - Friday 3 April to Sunday 5 April 2020 at Scarborough Beach.
Mayor Mark Irwin said there was an impressive range of events lined up including the iconic King of the Point surfing contest, which has helped launch some of the state’s best surfers.
“We are really spoilt for choice over the next few months, so I’d encourage everyone to take some time out to enjoy our amazing beaches and the bevy of exciting events on offer,” Mayor Irwin said.
Back to news
Social Media Share this articleLinks below open in a new window