Local Planning Strategy paves the way for the City vision
The City of Stirling has a new Local Planning Strategy which was approved in late 2019 by the Western Australian Planning Commission.
The Local Planning Strategy aligns local planning needs with State Government requirements by setting a strategic vision for the City and to provide a guide for planning and development decisions over the next decade and beyond.
The Strategy identifies a number of key priorities including:
- Key areas for growth and investment in the City, particularly in activity centres and corridors
- To create a focus on employment retention and expansion
- Provide for increased housing diversity in suitable locations
- To protect the natural and historic built environment
- Focus on the integration of transport and the development of land uses.
Combined, these elements will aim to improve the quality and liveability of the City.
To view the Strategy, visit the Urban planning page.
Back to news
Social Media Share this articleLinks below open in a new window