A total of 23 City of Stirling ratepayers shared in a prize-pool of over $70,000 at this year’s Rates Prize Draw.
The winners were awarded their prizes at an event at the City’s Administration Centre Reception Hall on Wednesday night.
City of Stirling Director Corporate Services Ingrid Hawkins congratulated all the prize winners and said the City encourages the early payment of rates each year as it enables the City to invest back in the community.
“The City is able to invest in the short-term market and generate additional funds to benefit the community,” Miss Hawkins said.
“The City is also able to keep rates rises to a minimum.”
“The prize draw wouldn’t be possible without our very generous sponsors, so we would like to thank them for their valued support,” Miss Hawkins said.
Ratepayers, who pay their rates on time and in full, are automatically eligible for the draw. Winners are then selected at random by computer and invited to attend the draw to select a prize which is concealed in a sealed envelope and revealed on the night.
This year’s main prize winner was Ilan Veerappan, who along with his family, won a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid from Big Rock Toyota valued at $37,600.
On winning the major prize Mr Veerappan expressed his family’s delight at winning the car which came at the perfect time as the family vehicle was written off recently after being involved in an accident.
“We don’t know how to express our joy towards the winning the prize of the car,” Mr Veerappan said.
“We were extremely happy and thrilled since one of our cars got written off on Monday.”
“What a pleasure to receive the right prize at the right time!”
“Thank you to all the people who were involved for the wonderful evening and for the big prize - we are so grateful,” Mr Veerappan enthused.
The other prize winners were:
- Stuart and Sonja Gribble - $1,000 shopping spree (Sponsor: Karrinyup Shopping Centre)
- Noutou Wantee - $1,000 savings account (Sponsor: NAB)
- James Kingsbury - Free swimming for a year (Sponsor: Stirling Leisure Centres)
- Robert Garside - Skylight and roof extraction fan (Sponsor: Skylights WA)
- Janette and Paul Guttmann - (Scarborough weekend package) Sponsors: Rendezvous Perth Hotel Scarborough, The Lookout, Cocolat, Stirling Leisure Centres: Scarborough Beach Pool and La Capanina
- Martin and Catherine Patterson - Two night stay in a four bedroom ocean view penthouse (Sponsor: Ramada Vetrobu Scarborough Beach)
- Isidor Green - $1,000 Westfield shopping spree (Sponsor: Business Mantra Chartered Accountants)
- Lan Bui and Van Le - One year of garden maintenance (Sponsor: Weeding Women)
- Thanh Bui - $1,000 savings account (Sponsor: Westpac)
- Brett Millar - $1,000 savings account (Sponsor: Westpac)
- Amarjit and Charlene Singh - $1,500 savings account (Sponsor: Westpac)
- Robert and Annette Del Bianco - $1,000 worth of dental treatment (Sponsor: Alexander Drive Dental Clinic)
- Francine and Dean Trovarello - $1,000 worth of dental treatment (Sponsor: Alexander Drive Dental Clinic)
- Graham and Cheryl Miller - $1,000 worth of dental treatment (Sponsor: Alexander Drive Dental Clinic)
- Farida and Mohammedi Suterwala - $1,000 worth of dental treatment (Sponsor: Alexander Drive Dental Clinic)
- Caterina Sharpe - $1,000 worth of dental treatment (Sponsor: Alexander Drive Dental Clinic)
- Leo and Gail McManus - Estate planning and will package (Sponsor: Gregory Ian Wolff Solicitors)
- Filomena and David Da Silva - Lambretta scooter package (Sponsor: Ace Scooters)
- Hazel Brotherston - Eye exam and prescription glasses (Sponsor: Eyecare Centre Carine)
- Frank Spiccia - Eight hypnotherapy sessions (Sponsor: Sunset Coast Hypnotherapy)
- Tracey Krysyna - Free movies for a year (Sponsor: Grand Cinemas)
- Angela Sylvester - Financial planning consultation and advice to the value of $1,000 (Sponsor: House and Home Life)
Back to news
Social Media Share this articleLinks below open in a new window