Accolades continue for Scarborough Beach
The City’s Scarborough Foreshore Redevelopment has received one of Australia’s highest planning accolades.
Making Scarborough a must-see destination, the project has won the ‘Best Planning Ideas - Large Project’ category at the Planning Institute of Australia’s National Awards for Planning Excellence.
The awards recognise not only best practice and innovation, but the personal drive and dedication that helps to secure the best outcomes for a place or community.
This latest award follows a string of state and national honours recognising the areas of sustainability and urban design excellence, highlighting the world-class redevelopment delivered by the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority and City of Stirling.
Since opening in March 2018, the Scarborough Beach revamp has received the following:
Scarborough Beach Pool
- Green Building Council of Australia’s six-star Green Star Rating
- 2018 Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM) Sustainable Projects WA
- 2018 WA Institute of Architects John Septimus Roe Award for Urban Design
- 2019 Institute of Public Works Engineering Australia (IPWEA) Best Public Works Project Greater than $5m - Metro.
Scarborough Beach Redevelopment
- 2018 WA Urban Development Institute of Australia award for best Government and Public Use project
- 2019 Planning Institute of Australia’s National Awards for Planning Excellence Best Planning Ideas - Large Project.
For more information about the National Awards for Planning Excellence, visit the Planning Institute of Australia’s website.
Back to news
Social Media Share this articleLinks below open in a new window