The City of Stirling would like to wish everyone across the community a very merry Christmas and safe and happy New Year!
We would also like to remind you of our opening hours during the holiday period.
City Administration Building
The City’s Administration Building will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day - but will be open every other day (Monday to Friday) over the Christmas and New Year holiday period, between 8.30am and 5.00pm.
Waste Collection Services
- Tuesday 24 December - Collections as per usual.
- For collections that occur on Christmas Day, and the following few days, collections will take place a day later (please see below). There will be no collections on Wednesday 25 December 2019.
- Wednesday 25 December - Collected on Thursday 26 December
- Thursday 26 December - Collected on Friday 27 December
- Friday 27 December - Collected on Saturday 28 December
- Wednesday 1 January - Collected on Thursday 2 January
- Thursday 2 January - Collected on Friday 3 January
- Friday 3 January - Collected on Saturday 4 January.
More information is available on the residential bin collections page.
Please note - green waste verge collections will cease on Friday 20 December 2019 and resume on Monday 6 January 2020. Residents in Dianella can place their green waste on the verge between Friday 27 December 2019 and Sunday 5 January 2020.
All Community Centres are closed from Friday 20 December 2019 reopening Tuesday 7 January 2020 (excluding preapproved bookings).
The City’s libraries will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. All libraries will close at 5.30pm on 24 December, 27 December and 31 December.
The City’s pool facilities in Balga, Inglewood and Scarborough will close at the earlier time of 4.00pm on Tuesday 24 December and Tuesday 31 December. Christmas Day all aquatic centres are closed.
Security Patrol Services and Rangers
The City’s Security Services will continue to operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week - 1300 365 356
Ranger Services will continue to operate 7 days per week from 6.00am - 8.00pm throughout Christmas and New Year. For assistance call (08) 9205 8555.
Back to news
Social Media Share this articleLinks below open in a new window