ANZAC Day is a time for us to remember all Australians past and present who served and died in war and operational service and reflect on the sacrifice those men and women made to allow us the freedom and quality of life we enjoy today.
There are six RSL branches in the City and several ANZAC Day events taking place including:
The Mount Lawley/Inglewood RSL Sub Branch is holding a service at two locations in the Mt Lawley Ward:
Lawley Masonic Village, 55 Alexander Drive, Menora:
- 6:15am | Assemble, Lawley Masonic Village
- 6:30am | Commencement of Service
- 7:30am | Free Sausage Sizzle, near Mt Lawley Cenotaph.
Mt Lawley Cenotaph, corner of Clifton Street and Queens Crescent:
- 7:45am | Assemble, Mt Lawley Cenotaph
- 8:00am | Commencement of Service
- 8:45am | Sit-down Gunfire Breakfast, Mt Lawley Bowling Club.
The Yokine/Joondanna RSL Sub-Branch is holding a service at the Yokine Districts Bowling Club. 10 Wordsworth Ave, Yokine:
- 12:45pm | Service with a laying of wreaths at the Yokine Districts Bowling Club, followed by a sausage sizzle.
The Nollamara RSL Sub Branch is holding a service at its facility, 68 Sylvia St, Nollamara:
- 6:00am I Dawn Service. Parade ground in the forecourt of the RSL.
The North Beach RSL Sub-Branch is holding a service at the Charles Riley Reserve at 7A Kitchener Street in North Beach:
- 5:30am | Dawn Service followed by Gunfire Breakfast at North Beach Bowling Club.
The Osborne Park RSL Sub-Branch is holding a service outside their Memorial Hall at 129 Main Street:
- 6:30am | Dawn Service followed by a veterans parade in which includes participation by the Scouts, local High School students and a community choir.
- 7:20am | Gunfire breakfast is available in the grounds of the Memorial Hall.
The Scarborough RSL Sub-Branch is holding a service in their Memorial Garden on the corner of Shearn Crescent and Millcrest Street in Doubleview:
- 3:00pm | Slow March of Scout Catafalque Party to Memorial at the Memorial Garden followed by a Commemorative Service and afternoon tea at the adjacent Bowling Club Hall.
City of Stirling Councillors will be in attendance to lay a wreath on the City’s behalf.
For more information visit www.rslwa.org.au/commemoration/anzac-day/event/services/
Back to news
Social Media Share this articleLinks below open in a new window