A total of 21 lucky City of Stirling ratepayers have walked away with a share in $65,000 worth of prizes, from this year’s Rates Prize Draw.
The winners were awarded their prizes at an event held last night at the City’s Civic Reception Hall.
City of Stirling Mayor Mark Irwin said the annual Rates Prize Draw was a great way to encourage ratepayers to pay their rates on time and in full.
“It benefits everyone, because it allows the City to invest and generate additional funds for the City, which can then be invested back into the community,” Mayor Irwin said.
“One big benefit of this is that it helps the City keep rate increases to a minimum, which we have done once again this year.”
Ratepayers, who pay their rates on time and in full, are automatically entered into the draw. Winners are then selected at random by computer and invited to attend the draw to select a prize which is concealed in a sealed envelope and revealed on the night.
City of Stirling Director Corporate Services Ingrid Hawkins said the Rates Prize Draw was also a great opportunity for local businesses to show support for their community.
“The prize draw wouldn’t be possible without our sponsors, so we would like to thank them for their very generous support,” Ms Hawkins said.
“It’s fantastic to be able to reward some of our most diligent rate payers and benefit the local business community, all at the same time.”
The main prize winner was Nancy Milne, who took home a 2018 Camry Ascent Sport Hybrid from Scarboro Toyota Osborne Park. The other prize winners were:
- Peter and Carolyn Prunster – Lambretta Scooter package from Ace Scooters
- Scott and Josette Patterson – two night stay in an ocean view penthouse from Ramada
- Joan Dalglish – two night stay at Rendezvous
- Lucio and Isabella Santopolo - Stand up paddle board package from Stand Up Paddle Sports
- Ugo Caratti - $1,000 shopping Spree from Karrinyup Shopping Centre
- Robert Carlyle - $1,000 shopping spree from the Square Mirrabooka
- Chris Sarris from Capeen Pty Ltd - $1,500 Westpac savings account
- Dumia Asad - $1,000 Westpac savings account
- Stuart and Patricia Chapman - $1,000 Westpac savings account
- Neisha Walker – free movies for a year from Grand Cinemas
- Leonard and Jeanette Hendriks - $1,500 coffee machine from Direct Coffee
- Alina Uzebekova – 12 months unlimited yoga from The Yoga Space
- Shirley Elphick – 12 month gym membership and 3 PT sessions from Foundry Fitness
- Michelle Kendall – 12 month swim pass from Stirling Leisure Centres
- Emil Babun – eye exam and designer frames from Eyecare Centre Carine
- Eoin Gladish – Solatube Series Brighten up Skylight from Skylights WA
- Eric and Anne Yamen - 12 months free internet from Lightspeed Internet
- Roberta James and Michael Pendock – an original art piece from Mekel Illustration
- Mark and Nunziatina Pavisich – 12 months remedial massage from Mind and Body
Back to news
Social Media Share this articleLinks below open in a new window