Councillor Giovanni Italiano JP
Councillor since 2007
Term expires October 2019
Giovanni has been a Stirling resident for more than 64 years, having moved to Perth as a migrant with his Italian parents at the age of three. He is a current City of Stirling councillor since 2007 and previously from 1996 – 2001. Giovanni has also served two terms as Mayor from 2013 to 2017.
Giovanni is a registered builder and is enthusiastic about improving the local economy and growth opportunities to ensure Stirling is a strong and prosperous City for the community to enjoy.
Giovanni is passionate about building and development projects, and strives to achieve the right outcomes for the community. He is also committed to streamlining processes and making business opportunities accessible to residents and investors.
Council committee memberships:
- Audit committee (deputy presiding member)
- Chief Executive Officer’s Performance Review committee
- Planning and Development committee (presiding member).
Other committee/advisory group memberships:
- Metro north-west joint development assessment panel
- Mindarie Regional Council (alternate member)
- Tamala Park Regional Council (chairperson)
- Tamala Park Regional Council - Audit committee
- Tamala Park Regional Council - Chief Executive Officer’s Performance Review committee
- Western Australian local government association - north metropolitan zone
- Western Australian local government association - state council representative.