Councillor Andrew Guilfoyle
Councillor since 2013
Term expires October 2021
Father of three and a long-time resident of the City, Andrew enjoys taking part in a range of voluntary activities, such as becoming Chairperson of West Coastcare and serving as a primary school board member alongside his wife.
Andrew has a PhD in community psychology, and previously operated a successful social research consultancy. He was also departmental head of psychology at Edith Cowan University. Using his passion for community psychology, Andrew wants to connect people of all ages at local level, advocating for sport, recreation and leisure clubs, and community development programs and events.
Andrew is also an environmental conservationist, defending open spaces and tree canopy, and looks to invest in green initiatives for waste recycling, fossil fuel-free investments and an energy-wise City.
Council committee memberships:
- Chief Executive Officer’s Performance Review committee
- Community and Resources committee (presiding member).
Other committee/advisory group memberships:
- Mindarie Regional Council
- Mindarie Regional Council - Municipal Waste advisory council (deputy member)
- City of Stirling Environment advisory group
- Municipal Waste advisory council (MWAC) (deputy member).