Councillor Stephanie Proud JP
Councillor since 2007
Term expires October 2019
Stephanie has owned and operated a small business since 1989 and has enjoyed a diverse administrative career path in small, medium and corporate business enterprises as well as the local government sector.
She has resided in the City of Stirling with her family since 1993 and represented the local community on various issues since 1998 through various community organisations, schools and local action and reference groups.
Stephanie has been a past member of the Murdoch University Animal Ethics Committee and more recently as a RACWA Councillor. She is an active Justice of the Peace.
Stephanie is a strong advocate for community recreation - both passive and active pastimes including development of skate and BMX parks City-wide. She was fundamental in the delivery of the outdoor exercise equipment installed at Jackadder Lake in Woodlands and Luketina Reserve in Wembley Downs.
She has a strong interest in the preservation of public open space and the protection of the natural environment, increasing tree-canopy coverage, sustainable and moderate residential development in accordance with Residential Guidelines and responsible financial management.
Stephanie is acutely aware of road safety aspects with the population increase in WA and the need for appropriate infrastructure and community awareness.
Council committee memberships:
- Planning and Development Committee (Deputy presiding member)
- Chief Executive Officer’s Performance Review Committee
- Strategic Property Committee.
Other committee/Advisiory Group memberships:
- Mindarie Regional Council
- Mindarie Regional Council Audit Committee (Chairperson)
- WA Local Government Association – North Metropolitan Zone Committee (Alternate member)
- North-West Regional Road Sub Group
- Crime Prevention Advisory Group
- Road Safety Advisory Group (Chairperson).