David has been a councillor since 2011. He has two teenage children who attend local schools and participate in sport both at school and club level. Both children work part-time locally, and his family enjoys the vibrant lifestyle that the Inglewood Ward offers.
David has a Bachelor degree in teaching and physical education and has contributed to West Australian schools and the community on a number of levels, while working for the Australian Sports Commission.
David grew up in a family heavily involved in the West Australian wine industry which contributes to his strong belief in encouraging and growing small businesses. David believes in thinking ‘outside the box’ to create more business opportunities within the community.
He is committed to creating a progressive and stronger Stirling and is always available to support community members.
Council committee memberships:
- Audit committee (presiding member)
- Planning and Development committee
- Chief Executive Officer’s Performance Review committee.
Other committee/advisory group memberships:
- City of Stirling Crime Prevention advisory group
- City of Stirling Road Safety advisory group
- Western Australian local government association - north metropolitan zone.