2023 Community Calendar competition
A calendar created by you, for you!
This year, we have enlisted the help of the community to submit their favourite photos taken within our City for a chance to win some amazing prizes and have their photo featured in the 2023 Community Calendar.
The competition opens on 1 July 2022 at 5.00pm and closes Sunday 14 August 2022 5.00pm.
Entrants can submit a photograph into any of the following six categories:
- Sun, sand and ocean – From Watermans Bay to Scarborough, the City of Stirling is enriched by some of the most iconic swimming, boating and surfing destinations in the state. Whether it’s a shot of the waves, a long exposure of the ocean or the view from the boot of your car, we want to see your best coastal experience!
- Trees and trails – City of Stirling’s natural environment is rich and full of variety including bushland reserves, wetland lakes, community parks and sand dunes. This category celebrates our natural lifestyle, so give us your favourite natural spaces, tree trails, bush walks and golfing exploits.
- Animal instinct – This category is all about the animal lifestyle, whether that be the native fauna of our natural spaces or your much loved furbaby. Send in your telephoto shots of birds, your favourite puppy shots from the camera roll or your favourite marine wildlife flocks, we want to see your best animal encounters!
- Culture is king – The City of Stirling is home to some of the richest culture in Western Australia. From the abundant public artworks and murals to the events and festivals across our suburbs including our diverse, multicultural community, this category is all about the cultural lifestyle. Whether that culture is born of Wadjak Nyoongar dreamtime stories or from cultures brought to Australia via migration over time, submit photographs of your favourite dreamtime painting, images of public artworks and murals, your fondest memories from events and festivals and reflections of the deep and rich cultures that make our community unique.
- In the old days – This category spotlights how we are connected to the stories of the past and the people that inhabited this beautiful place long before we did. Submit photos that celebrate distinctive architecture, important historical events and long-forgotten stories of our past, because we want to see your best historic moments!
- Young and fun – (Only open to 17 years and under) The City of Stirling’s community is diverse, not only in multicultural heritage but also in the ages of those who call Stirling home. This category gives young people the opportunity to compete in this competition and share with the rest of us what their world looks like and how they want to express themselves. Show us your world and what connects you to Stirling, because we want to see our young people’s best selves!
Ready to submit your entry to the 2023 Community Calendar Competition?Click here
What are the prizes?
All the winners will have one (1) photograph displayed in the 2023 calendar along with some extra prizes.
- First place - Photo displayed on the cover, a picture framing voucher to a local business, Polaroid printer and $500 visa gift card. Total prize valued at $1000
- Second place - Polaroid printer and $300 visa gift card. Total prize valued at $500
- Third place - $300 visa gift card
- Forth to Twelfth place - $100 visa gift card.
How do I submit my photograph?
How many times can I enter?
You can enter multiple times. One photograph per submission, however, you can only win once, in one category.
What is the size and format of the photograph required?
The photograph must be landscape and suitable to fit on an A4 page. High quality images are required as we will be printing them in large formats and you don't want to risk your photo losing quality. Please note, any other sizes will risk being cropped and will not look the same as when you submitted.
4000px x 2000px (or 4:3 aspect ratio) is what we are ideally looking for.
Is there a fee to enter the competition?
No, there is no fee to participate.
I have people in my photo, do they need to sign a consent form?
Yes, you will need to get permission from them to submit your photo and you must also complete a model release form.
You will not need to submit this form unless your photograph is successful.
Do I need to be a professional photographer to enter the competition?
Not at all, the competition is open to all entrants. We welcome anyone with a phone or camera to submit their photograph as long as it meets all the conditions and requirements.
When will I know if I’m short listed?
Once the competition closes on Sunday 14 August, a few weeks will be required to allow the judges to shortlist the photographs and to select the winners.
All submissions that meet the minimum entry requirements will be contacted via the email address provided on the status of their submission.
Can people be in my photograph? What about children?
Yes, you may have adults and children in your photograph as long as they consent and sign a model release form allowing you to use them in your photo. A child’s parent or guardian will need to sign on their behalf.
Where will you use my photo if I win?
The photograph(s) you supply may be used in various media formats including (but not limited to) the City’s website, official social media accounts, print (including the calendar publication), video, public displays and electronic means of communication and in any edited form. You consent for the photograph(s) to be included in the City’s library and be repurposed in the future. You do not need to inspect or approve any publication of the photograph(s).
My image is not uploading
Please make sure the file size is smaller than 50mb and is in jpeg format. If you are having any further issues submitting, please email email@example.com
If I win, how will I collect my prize?
You can come and collect your prize in person at the Administration Centre 25 Cedric Street Stirling WA 6021 or if you are not able to collect in person, we can also send it to you via postal services.
Can I enter under a nickname? I do not want my real name to be made public.
No, you may not enter under a nickname. Please use your real name when entering. Please be aware that your first name will be displayed in the calendar should you be successful.
I have some more questions, how do I get in touch?
Please make sure to check our Terms & Conditions. If you still have questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org