The City implemented a range of support measures during the COVID-19 pandemic.
These measures include:
- Removing client fees for community care services for two months, during the response phase of the pandemic
- Reducing meal fees for two months for all Home and Community Care (HACC) and Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) recipients, during the response phase of the pandemic
- Welfare checks for those who were unable to attend social support groups and for the City’s volunteers who were unable to fulfill their usual roles during the initial stages of the pandemic
- Reducing verge bond charges by up to $1,000.
The City’s Economic Stimulus and Community Recovery Package was adopted by Council on 12 May 2020 with the following initiatives approved for households to provide immediate financial relief for ratepayers and debtors:
- Rate freeze for 2020/21
- Removal of interest, instalment and arrangement fees
- Flexible payment options and suspension of debt collection activity.
For more information on the City’s Economic Stimulus and Community Recovery Package click here.