The City implemented a range of support measures following Council meetings held on 24 March 2020 and 7 April 2020.
These measures include:
- Removing client fees for community care services for two months
- Reducing meal fees for two months for all Home and Community Care (HACC) and Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) recipients
- Welfare checks for those who no longer attend social support groups and for the City’s volunteers
- Waiving the fee for verge permits and reducing the verge bond charge to $500.
The City’s Economic Stimulus and Community Recovery Package was adopted by Council on 12 May 2020 with the following initiatives approved for households to provide immediate financial relief for ratepayers and debtors:
- Rate freeze for 2020/21
- Removal of interest, instalment and arrangement fees
- Flexible payment options and suspension of debt collection activity.
For more information on the City’s Economic Stimulus and Community Recovery Package click here.