The City’s Economic Stimulus and Community Recovery Package was adopted by Council on 12 May 2020 to support local businesses and increase connectivity in our neighbourhoods as we move towards the recovery phase of COVID-19.
The following initiatives were approved:
- Rent abatement for small businesses (City owned properties)
- Increased activation and connectedness through neighbourhood centre upgrades
- Business counselling service
- Partnerships to activate businesses
- Business mastermind program (this program has now finished)
- Holiday at Home program
- Business friendly approvals process
- Streamlining of customer processes through the Relationship Management System (RMS) implementation
- Community creativity fund
- City-run events
- Town team activation fund
- Event sponsorship
- Locally targeted activation
The Economic Stimulus and Community Recovery package complements measures already implemented as an immediate response to COVID-19, detailed below.
The City is partnering with Business Foundations and continues to provide our local businesses with tailored one-on-one advice on business continuity planning, identifying and reducing financial pressures, and implementing immediate strategies to survive and thrive into the future.
If you are interested in this initiative, please contact with the City’s Economic Development team at email@example.com.
The City has reduced the verge bond amount by up to $1,000. This will allow funds to be distributed into other areas and improve cash flow.
The City will be temporarily ceasing collection on businesses with rate payment plans in place and removing interest charges.