Sports funding and sponsorship
The City provides sports funding opportunities to encourage and support our younger community to live a healthy and active lifestyle.
Sporting clubs within the City also have the opportunity to apply for grants that support capital works projects.
Junior sports travel assistance
City of Stirling residents under 18 years of age who have been selected to represent their chosen sport at state or national level* at an interstate or overseas location, may be granted a donation of $100 towards travel costs.
*Please note, applications for junior travel assistance to represent individual schools are ineligible.
- Applicants must be aged 18 years or younger at the date of travel
- Applicants must travel outside Western Australia
- Applicants must be City of Stirling residents
- Applicants must be selected to represent Western Australia or Australia by the appropriate state association or sporting body
- Successful applicants will only be eligible for one junior travel assistance payment per financial year
- Applications may be made three months before the travel date.
Did you know?
Each financial year the City of Stirling allocates a set amount of funding towards junior travel assistance. Once this funding has been exhausted no further funding will be available.
Ready to apply for a junior travel assistance grant?Click here
Youth participation grants and junior sport equipment grants
These grants aim to encourage young people to participate in physical activity at clubs and groups located within the City of Stirling. They include structured and non-structured sports and recreational pursuits that promote ongoing involvement in physical activity.
Youth participation grant eligibility
Examples of eligibility for youth participation grants are:
- Come-and-try days/Have-a-go sessions
- Registration days which include additional activities
- Showing awareness of increasing participation
- Coaching clinics
- Physical participation events and programs.
Funds cannot be used for activities which are:
- The responsibility of the state or federal government funding programs or activities
- Part of a school's core activities.
Clubs/groups must be registered members of the City's Clubs Forever program to be eligible to apply.
Junior sport equipment grants must be used to buy durable items of a team nature
Acceptable uses for grants:
- Team and club equipment such as footballs and soccer balls
- Cricket and athletics equipment for team usage
- Line markers
- Transferable officiating items such as whistles and umpire flags.
Funds cannot be used for non-durable equipment, personal/individual items, or non-team items. For example, the grant could not be used to buy team uniforms.
Please note that schools and playgroups are not eligible for this grant.
Ready to apply for a youth participation or junior sport grant?Click here
Sport and Recreation Club Assistance Fund
The Sport and Recreation Club Assistance Fund has been developed as part of the City of Stirling Economic Stimulus and Community Recovery package in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This fund has been created to support sport and recreation clubs who have and will continue to be negatively impacted. This funding assistance will be allocated to clubs to support clubs immediate and ongoing financial viability to ensure community sport continues to thrive throughout Stirling.
View the guidelines here.
Ready to apply for a Sports and Recreation Clubs Assistant Fund grant?Click here
Capital works funding opportunities
Sporting clubs within the City of Stirling have the opportunity to undertake capital works projects in partnership with the state government and/or the City for approved projects. There are three funding types available:
Types of grants
- Small grants - $2,500 - $50,000 will be allocated to projects involving a basic level of planning.
- Annual grants - $50,000 - $166,666 will be allocated to projects with a planning and construction process that will be complete within 12 months.
- Forward planning grants - $166,667 up to $4,000,000 will be allocated to large scale projects where the total project cost exceeds $500,000 and may require an implementation period of between one and three years.