Heritage restoration grants
Heritage restoration grants have been developed to demonstrate the City of Stirling's commitment to its history and heritage.
Applications are now open.
The deadline for applications is Friday 2 December 2022.
Who can apply?
What types of works are eligible?
Works eligible for the heritage restoration grants include but are not limited to:
- Restoration works which are in public view and enhance the heritage significance of the property
- Urgent conservation works to ensure the structural integrity of the building
- Treatment of damp or salt attack
- Tuck-pointing and restoration of original façade
- Cleaning / painting / removal of tiles or render to return façade to its original condition
- Repairs or restorations to original doors and entrance ways
- Repairs or restoration of original windows
- Repair or restoration of original veranda
- Re-roofing and guttering with matching original materials
- Repairs to original chimneys
- Repairs to original fences
- Repairs to original awnings/canopies
- Creative lighting to enhance or highlight original features
- Removal of redundant signage, air conditioning units and hoardings to reveal original features
What types of works are not eligible?
The following works will not be eligible for a heritage restoration grant:
- Works to buildings not listed on the City of Stirling’s heritage list or categorised as 1 or 2A on the City's Local Heritage Survey
- Works completed prior to an approved application for a heritage grant.
(i.e. retrospective grants for works already completed will not be considered)
- New additions and extensions
- Operational costs
- Costs for items/equipment that will be used after the project finishes
- Documentation costs
- Applications that have not met the terms and conditions
- Applicants who have outstanding debts owing to the City
- Projects that are already funded or supported by the City of Stirling
- Applications from current City of Stirling employees, immediate families and their contractors.
Terms and conditions
- Works approved for grant funding are to be completed within 12 months.
- All supporting documents are to be provided to the City upon application and as requested.
- Cost estimates and quotations are to be sourced from suitably qualified local City of Stirling local suppliers wherever possible.
- Cost estimates and quotations are to be provided for each component of works being applied for.
- Works are to be undertaken by a licensed contractor.
- Works are to be carried out in accordance with all City of Stirling requirements.
- The applicant is to enter into an agreement with the City, listing the agreed schedule of works, timeline, grant sum (exclusive of GST) and payment arrangements and conditions.
- Works should not commence until the applicant has signed the agreement with City.
- The City will not grant funds retrospectively for works completed prior to the approval of the application.
- Applicants must be able to fund the cost of the works upfront as the City will provide its share of funding at the completion of works.
- Any overrun in costs is not the responsibility of the City and extra funds will not be granted.
How do I make an application?
If you have any queries about the fund, please contact the City Future Projects Team at the City of Stirling either via phone on (08) 9205 8555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the Heritage Incentives - Restoration Grants Application form through Smarty Grants below.
You should answer all the questions provided with as much detail as possible. Your responses will enable the Assessment Panel to make their decision.
Apply for a Heritage Incentives - Restoration Grant through Smarty Grants.
Submit your application.
Once you have submitted your application you will receive an email acknowledging receipt. We aim to provide an outcome within two weeks of the round closure, though in some circumstances this may not be possible. Applicants will be notified of funding decisions via email.
Applications close Friday 2 December 2022.