Heritage restoration grants
Our heritage restoration grants have been developed to demonstrate the City of Stirling’s commitment to property owners who want to contribute to the retention and enhancement of heritage buildings in the City. Applications for Heritage Grants will open late 2020 and all eligible owners will be notified.
Eligible projects are entitled to up to 50% of the total costs of the works, with a cap of $5,000 per property. Projects must be completed within 12 months of the grant being allocated.
Please note that grant funds are not released until:
Who can apply?
- Property owners whose property is on the City of Stirling’s heritage list or those categorised as 1 or 2A on the City's Local Heritage Survey
- Person(s) who meet either of the above criteria and have not incurred rates debts with the City.
Eligible works for heritage restoraton grants
Eligible applicants are encouraged to seek funding for restoration works which are in public view and enhance the heritage significance of the property and/or urgent conservation works required to stabilise a building.
Examples of such works include but are not limited to:
- Tuck-pointing and façade restoration
- Re-roofing and guttering with matching original materials
- Repairs to original detailing
- Veranda restoration
- Paint and render removal
- Chimney repairs
- Original fence repairs
Ineligible works for heritage restoration grants
The following works will not be eligible for a heritage restoration grant:
- Any works to buildings not listed on the City of Stirling’s heritage list or categorised as 1 or 2A on the City's Local Heritage Survey
- Any works completed prior to an approved application for a heritage grant. (i.e. retrospective grants for works already completed will not be considered)
- New additions and extensions
- Operational costs
- Costs for items/equipment that will be used after the project finishes
- Documentation costs
Learn about heritage buildings and developmentClick here