Eligible applicants are encouraged to seek funding for conservation works which are in public view and enhance the heritage significance of the property and/or urgent conservation works required to stabilise a building.
Examples of such works include but are not limited to:
- Tuck-pointing and façade restoration
- Re-roofing and guttering with matching original materials
- Repairs to original detailing
- Veranda restoration
- Paint and render removal
- Chimney repairs
- Original fence repairs
The following works will not be eligible for a heritage grant:
- Any works to buildings not listed on the City of Stirling’s heritage list
- Any works completed prior to an application for a heritage grant (i.e. retrospective grants for works already completed will not be considered)
- New additions and extensions
- Operational costs
- Costs for items/equipment that will be used after the project finishes
- Documentation costs.